In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Benifits of Posting.

dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
one of the benifits of posting on this site used to be the feedback and support you recieved. Now it seems all you get is bad mouthing threats. What changed? I used to come home full of stress and make some half heated post and get to feeling better but lately all i get is grief.
I had to take a warrent on an employee today. Secound one in as many mounths. Not a good feeling . I used to be able to talk about things on here and joke and such to get my mood up but lately people are so touchey that I am afraid to even say Hi.
Sorry for the long post but I feel bad about haveing to have someone arrested even when they deserve it. By the way, i had to watch his 4 year old son while he was handcuffed. just my rant, Don.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"

Comments

• DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It'll pass![:D]

"I AM MY OWN WORST ENEMY"
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It'll blow over dcon, there's been several times where I've thought about taking a leave of absence from GB. I sometimes will go for days without even reading the boards, and other times I sit here all day staring at the GB screen waiting for a post.

The 10mm - either you've got it, or you don't get it...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • oldgunneroldgunner Member Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not sure what you're talking about specifically, but I on your side..Give it a break, ignore the idiots, whatever you need to do, but don't give up on the site. You are an important member here.

There are no bad guns, only bad people.
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    There are times we feel like it is not worth the effort. Them we do something that makes a real positive change in life and we know why we do what we do. Keep the faith. Think positive and positive things happen. [8D]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dcon12, the old Italians i hung around as a kid used to say "all things pass", and they do! Mom used to tell me God never gives you a burden heavier than you can carry. Sometimes i thought he must of had a pretty high opinion of me[:D]! As for the 4yr old, that sucks, but that's his daddy's burden, and he'll have to carry it for the rest of his life.
  • FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dcon, As you can see from my # of posts I have not been around that long, so I don't know what it used to be like here. However, I do know that since first stopping in I have been very impressed with the knowledge of some folks on here and their willingness to share it with strangers. Besides that the overall vibe is very friendly and positive. Anything like this that is open for anyone to take part in will draw some people who are bored and just want to stir up trouble for their own amusement. All I can say is just skip right over those posts and read the good ones. Those that just want to tear others down are looking for attention. If they don't get it I'm sure they'll get bored and go somewhere else for their kicks. Hang in there. -- dave
  • whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's cyclic and will swing around to what you like after awhile. Some people actually like it the way it is now and will do what they can to perpetuate it.

Sorry to hear about dropping a dime. That's always a nasty feeling. But it's something you have to do, like whipping a kid.

Hang in there.

Clouder..
  • PinheadPinhead Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dcon, when things go bad I go to Psalms 46 and read it and it lets me know whats important, God is in control. Jesus told us that He will never forsake us. He is my anchor when I get low because I know that He is just a prayer away. I'll pray for you tonight. If He is for us, and with us, does it really matter who is against us. Pinhead
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Hey DCON!

Relax baby! It's just a stupid BB.

Hell, me and you have disagreed, so what? I'm always best friends with those I fight with!

If someone flames you have some fun with it. You seem like the kind of guy who knows how to have fun.

If someone is really a jerk, just move on...I haven't always followed the move on advise, but hey, some days I just feel like a fight. It's the Irish in me!

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    dcon...
    There is still a lot of great feedback and advice, then there are the stupid jacka** comments as well...
    I have learned there are a few who post a lot but say nothing, then others post little but say volumes...I am sure you understand...

As for the employee, you did what had to be done and while it doesnt feel very good, you might just have helped him in the long run...Is it something that might involve some rehab? councilling? is what I am referring too...Just hope he learns from his mistakes, and becomes a better father and employee...

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • trstonetrstone Member Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is simply summed up: It takes all kinds to make a world.

Hence, if you live in the world, you eventually have to deal with them.

Try not to grind your teeth when they irritate you---try to simply shrug your shoulders and say "Oh, well, different viewpoints, etc." If they flat-out insult you: "Oh, well, they're just having a bad day."