In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Picture from a proud father!

jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
My 17 year old daughter was selected as a National Youth Salute member due to her grades, activities in school, and her community activities. They take a portfolio of pictures and publish them in a book that we can purchase but most importantly is sent to most Universities. It helps them to get scholarships and acceptence in competive schools. I just wanted to show you one of her pictures that shows her as a rural country girl. She took this with HER saddle that we bought in Mexico for her to ride, which she does. Just a proud parent showing off! She is wanting to attend college at Chapel Hill, NC so does anyone have any advice as to what the crime is like and housing availability? Where are you on this BDJ, I figure you can fil me in on the area?

http://groups.msn.com/jjmspictures/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=17

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
Rita Mae Brown

Comments

• dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    I'm proud with ya' and I've never even meet ya'![;)]

Beautiful young lady, and smart to boot! Good Job!!!![:D]

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She's a beautiful young Lady,you have every reason to be proud.The crime rate in that part of NC is very low if that helps any,I dont guess any thing does when their off to college.

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • 358 WINCHESTER358 WINCHESTER Member Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jim
    you should be proud I'm proud for you.
    JUST MAKE SURE to tell that young lady often how proud you are of her.
    now I think I will call my kids and tell them how proud I am of them BFN[:)]

Son if you didn't learn something today, you wasted the whole day. (Jasper N. Lee, my granddaddy)
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Chapel Hill is a pretty safe town. They do some screwy things there though. Don't know if they still legalize pot for a weekend at the stadium or not. They don't have police they have public safety officers. It is a very liberal college. Last summer the incoming freshman were required to read the Koran to help them understand the Muslim people. It is one of the finest schools for broadcast jounalism or newspaper journalism in the country which kind of goes hand in hand with the extreme liberal slant of the whole place. I use to like to go there to get outrageously intoxicated and raise unholy heck because it was near impossible to get arrested unless you forcibly invaded someone else's space. I'd let any of my girls go there because I think I've raised them well enough for them to get the education with out falling for the liberal propaganda. Still I'd prefer them to attend Appalachian or East Carolina where there are not so many well to do snobby kids looking down their pointy noses at them for being a working man's kids.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • jujujuju Member Posts: 6,321
    edited November -1
    Every bit as lovely as I remember and obviously still smarter than most adults I know.

JuJu(who has always said that jj's got some of nicest kids around)
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Whew, she's pretty. Best to keep her out of Illinois.

Say's alot of your parenting. I'm sure she's made alot of people proud.
    Ben
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    iLL BE GOING THERE FOR A TRACK MET IN APRIL ILL GET BACK TO YA ON THE ATMOSHERE

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy