In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

rabbits what to bring them in with for the kill

kriskris Member Posts: 973 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
did a walk about yesterday and the rabbits are tearing the crap out of my apple trees and shrubs..other than walking out and trying to spot them doing the damage from time to time..is there anything i can bring them in with as far as a feed item...that way i can just wack them with a 22 from my back door when they hit the bait pile..any advice helpful,,thanks

it is good that we meet in the struggle of life or death.. .....it shall be life!

Comments

• salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, I have a pet rabbit, and he goes nuts over carrots. Maybe might want to also try some timothy hay-he'll come from miles for a pile of that stuff. Ohh yeah-apples .

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Rabbit pellets from the feed store? would the smell of the apples overpower it?

animatflip.gif

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • bsallybsally Member Posts: 3,165
    edited November -1
    Funny you ask. Carrots are working great for me. My backyard is being decimated by these freakin things.[}:)][}:)] Flox that has taken 4 years to get where I want has taken them a few weeks to wipe out. Moved twelve babies this summer and they are still all over. Put carrots out not ony as bait, but to draw them away from my plants. Got one last night, and more had been eaten when I got up this morning. Guess I'll be hunting tonight too. Wish I could use a .22, but my air rifle has been working great. All on shot kills, last night he went about 6 feet. Good luck.

SALLY
    Committee member-Ducks Unlimited
  • outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    Rabbits are suckers for carrot baited snares or box traps if you have pets about. Get even by having them for dinner!
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,457 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I always used a beagle![}:)]

He Dog
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    get a spot light and light um up at night kind of like deer jacking.
    Or u can get wire mesh and wrap it around the trees to keep um from eating them

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy