In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Computer Experts: CD/MP3

cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I bought a car that came with a MP3 player. I didn't even know what MP3 was. I do now. I am looking for software that will allow me to load my music CDs to my hard drive, convert them to MP3 format and burn them to a new CD.

Anyone done this?

cbxjeffIt's too late for me, save yourself.
It's too late for me, save yourself.

Comments

• HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    You can try:
    Win Amp
    Music Match Jukebox

Or search for a CD-Rip program on http://www.download.com

Depending on the quality you choose - you can have one cd with many hours of the music you prefer =o)

polarbear.gif
    Don't do anything that I've allready done - That'd be just plain STOOOOOOPID.
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Man there are a gazzillion pieces of sftware for that, out of all I have used I have to say my personal favorite is Audioactive Production Studio, it is quite expensive and picky but once you get the hang of it and the settings it is far better than the encoders at Walmart and the ones that come in burning software. I like Stand Alone software for all of my ripping/editing/burning work I do, those Do It All programs suck!

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Nero is the one I use! Im not sure but I think Musicmatch will work as well!!!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Roxio Easy CD Creator will allow you to do this. Also a co-worker got a free download that will do this also, I can't remember the name. This should't be hard to accomplish.
  • cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Guys,

I didn't realize this was so popular. I pal at work has some software (I don't recall the name) but I wanted a list to pick from. I can see that the user interface to catalog and find cuts on the MP3 disc is very important. Just the number of songs available on a single disc would require that. I'll look at all your suggestions.

Thanks

cbxjeffIt's too late for me, save yourself.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If ya got any more questions give me a holler, I have MP3/CD players everywhere (all over our house, and in my main vehicle, just not my old truck or my wife's car).
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    doesnt windows media player come with it

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy