In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

WAR ON TERROR

bolthandlebolthandle Member Posts: 1,213 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I was talking to a co worker last night and this subject came up.

I asked him if he ever thought that this could be won. He said "that there is a chance that things could get better". I said "there is no way that I see that it ever could be won". There are to many people and religious types that thrive on this kind of thing. These people seem to love to fight and its a no win situation.

Our govt. is putting pressure other govts. to do more.

Now we are the evil empire, then there goes the fanatics and on with more terror.

Some countries have done this ever since the dawn of time and wont ever stop, its in their lifestyle to fight off the oppressor. Thats what we did to England to win our freedom.

Should we pack up and leave?

Do you believe there is a winning way?

If ever.

Bolt

PEACE THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER

Comments

• bolthandlebolthandle Member Posts: 1,213 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where do you all think it will end? Will we come to a war of civilazations?

There's no sense in being stupid unless it shows...
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Can be won.
    Not the way of the present course..and supporting Israel will have to stop.
    At that time..the president would need to send word to those responsible..and those people are known..that entire villages will be erased from the earth.there will be 10,000 killed for every American killed.

One attack..one retaliation.Subject closed.
    These people understand superior force..and that is all.

Because we have no will to do what is right..we may indeed pay a heavy price.
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Winning requires one of two courses of action:

1) Grow up. Our foreign policy has been formulated by children and enacted by bullies. "Our interests come first." Okay, but what happens when the other guy puts his interests first? Why is it right for us to act purely out of self-interest but not the other guy? Why is "pre-emptive self-defense" okay for us but not, let's say, Iran? We need to understand that the world is one of give and take and the sooner our leaders stop acting like petulant children, the better off we'll all be.

OR

2) Become the biggest unrepentant ba@#ards on the block. You will note that no one ever messes with China. When they do, the streets invariably run red with the blood of every man, woman, and child the PLA can lay their hands on. China has no Islamic insurgency (like, for example, Russia has with Chechnya) because every time they tried China jumped on them with both feet. Anyone unlucky enough to survive was put into prison for life at hard labor.

So, there you have it. We can grow more mature in our dealings with the world and stop treating everyone like household help or we can turn into Communist China with a blue water navy.
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    I think monkey got my point acrossed with number 2

Do like the mongols did when they ran loose through the world, Tell them they have a day to surrender, no surrender after a day come in kill everyone and pile there heads in a pile, leave one person to tell what happened let him go to the next village, it goes on till everyones dead or you rule the world case closed prey for snow im going to bed

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy