In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

African-American Reparations

jdyerjdyer Member Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2005 in General Discussion
African-American Reparations

* Sought Reparations- $500,000 for each descendent of slaves in America

* H.R. 40 - Bill to investigate reparations in congress

* Most democrats in congress/senate support it

* Hillary supports it

You'll eventually pay it

What do you think about it?

Screw Allah & Have a Great Day!
faces.jpg

Comments

• Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    I think I am going to start trying to find one in my background....

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    dolfandolfan Member Posts: 4,159
    edited November -1
    Sounds like the prelude to Civil War II.
  • Options
    Mr.PissyPantsMr.PissyPants Member Posts: 3,575
    edited November -1
    *&$% 'em. The Dems are most likely trying to keep the majority of the black vote by supporting this. I have never heard of a legitimate case for reparations.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    H.R. 40 does not support reparations. It is a bill designed to study the impact of slavery upon currently living American blacks and see what damage has been done and what course of action should be taken to rectify it.

That having been said, I think it's a crock of $#!t.

You don't see Chinese-Americans attempting to extort money from the taxpayers for the grievous wrongs perpetrated upon their forefathers when they were employed as coolie (ie, "slave") labor.

Yeah, slavery sucked and it was wrong - but unlike the Holocaust or the Rape of Nanking, not only are there no living victims of American slavery, there is no solid proof that their ancestors having been victims of slavery in any way contributed to a loss of assets that in turn led directly to their current economic status.

Nor can slavery be used as an excuse for any lingering mental or physical health issues due to the fact that, once again, no one alive today was a victim of American slavery.

There are only so many ways this country can say, "I'm sorry." Apparently 600,000 Americans dying over the issue wasn't good enough.

And call me cynical, but a poor black man in America is a rich f**king man in Africa. While Compton and South Central are far from being idyllic examples of the American dream, they are a far f**king cry from the child rape, mass rape, terrorist amputation, mass civil war, cholera, malaria, and cannabalism (no, I'm not being facetious here) of "the motherland."

Here's a little advice to those African-Americans who want reparations - try looking forward instead of backwards. You might find the view a little better.
  • Options
    jdyerjdyer Member Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My family came over here as endentured servants. Worked against their will for no wages, only food and shelter, and were mistreated, sometimes beaten. As such, I feel my opportunties have been diminished as an American. Everybody knew a servant was nobody and treated them as nobody. What's that worth?
  • Options
    daleefandaleefan Member Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What about us straight white males you want to talk about a minority. We are defintiely it.

The Grace that does not change my life, will not save my Soul -Spurgeon
  • Options
    agman1999agman1999 Member Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can we couple reparations with repatriation? Then I'm all for it. It'll be cheaper. Anyone who would pursue this at this point (black, white, or yellow) is a sorry excuse for an American. 50 large, revocation of citizenship, and a boat ticket would be cheaper than what such a leech will cost us over their lifetime.
  • Options
    nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    Before I go further... I have friends and neighbors who happen to be of African ancestory. They don't seem to spend much time worrying about reparations as they all have jobs and are part of our community.

Those who wish reparations... A one-way ticket out of the US to anywhere else with the admonition not to come back.

Nord
  • Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    Well lets add up the totals of every government program set up to help them. Once thats all added up we can subtract their "reparations" from that and let them pay us back the difference. And if they are this serious about it we can offer them a cargo free cargo ship right back to the mother country. Now there's a deal.

Man's last hope... The Star Wars Kid.. Jedi Master!

axF69201.gif
  • Options
    gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:jdyer: My family came over here as endentured servants. Worked against their will for no wages, only food and shelter, and were mistreated, sometimes beaten. As such, I feel my opportunties have been diminished as an American. Everybody knew a servant was nobody and treated them as nobody. What's that worth?

Ditto for my ancestors who came here in 1648 in addition to my direct family loss of life, limb, property, and welfare freeing the slaves during the Civil War (family members recruited for that purpose).

Also, as a descendent of Adam I am also an African-American.[;)]

Now what is all that worth?

geronimo2.bmp
    Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.
  • Options
    bsallybsally Member Posts: 3,165
    edited November -1
    If we're gonna pay em, we might as well put them to work![}:)][;)]

SALLY
    Committee member-Ducks Unlimited
  • Options
    jaflowersjaflowers Member Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Damn, we already give such a majority welfare, food stamps, free or income adjusted housing, grants and too many other feel good programs to mention.......
    HOW MUCH MORE???

It's all a crock of S#$T!!!! Get off your lazy, whining, crack selling, killing your own kind butts and get a real job and stop blaming WHITEY for all your woes.

Sorry about the rant, it just makes me sick to hear this again.[:(!]
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll pay my share back in earth metals (copper and lead) and may even throw in some polycarbonate as the proverbial "icing on the cake". I worked for mine,..and will NEVER give it away to a dreg who feels they deserve it for their "upstanding and beneficial contribution to society".

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    Again, though slavery was not acceptable, the Africans that were sold by their countrymen and brought here benefitted greatly. If they had remained in Africa, what would their lot have been, and what would their descendents' lives be like now?

My mission is to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will glad pay that amount to each one that was a slave, and I will pay that amount for every slave I owned

Now I want paid for my ancestors that lost their lives, and where disabled in the civil war, since they claim that was the sole purpose of the war {even though it was not}
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I feel every applicant deserves a free paid round trip ticket to Africa. Free lodging in the wilderness for one month. Aids recipicants will not be coming back to America...
  • Options
    Aspen79seAspen79se Member Posts: 4,707
    edited November -1
    My great-grandfather came over here at the turn of the centry; do I still have to pay?

Dance Hippo. Dance.
    hippo-blue1.gif
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    how amny Caddilacs is $500G?
  • Options
    kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    Once again, deduct the amount paid in welfare to these same people over the last few decades from the $500,000 they want in 'reparations' and let them pay us the difference[;)]

Love them Beavers
    info_EB.gif
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    Anyone that was a slave should be the only ones to get reparations. So all those that came over in a slave boat please stand-up.
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,444 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sure the dems will support this for political purposes. After all they are worried about losing their vote cow - the labor movement.

cbxjeff<P>It's too late for me, save yourself. <br>
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    I thought after 7 years that a crime was comitted and not brought forth it could no longer be brought into a court of law?

The Civil War was fought to free them and therefor was a military action by the Fed. Govt. in their favor. Why should we pay them when we freed them?

Should we also given women reparations for not having the right to vote and being 'prisoners'?

George Washington could have freed the slaves when this country was formed. Where is the African-American outcry against George Washington for being the sole President to enslave them?
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    Won't do any good anyway. 95% of them will blow it and be back on welfare within 6 months anyway.
  • Options
    joker5656joker5656 Member Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    its sad they got payed for to come and work here while us ITALIANS (MY FAMILY) HAD TO SNEAK ON A SHIP TO GET HERE IN THE 1900'S i don't think i owe fooey to them or anybody for that matter but my self. What are they going to do tax only white people for this cause if they get reprations then wont they have payed for there own just thought that was kind of funny
  • Options
    kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    What a bunch of worthless niggards, they don't even want to share that $500K with those of us who didn't own slaves[:o)]

Love them Beavers
    info_EB.gif