In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Trolling Batteries-

FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I fish in a lake that is trolling motors only, does anyone or have you had this battery?

There is a new Marine Battery called the "Evertroll" made just for trolling motors. My question is, are they any good for the price ($399.00) as to a regular deep cycle Optima?
Have you used one? Do the last 4 times longer on a single charge than a deep cycle?

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/horizontal-item.jhtml?id=0012086014556a&navAction=jump&navCount=0&indexId=&podId=0012086&catalogCode=IE&parentId=&parentType=&rid=&_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jhtml.1_A&_DAV=search&hasJS=true

Thanks in advance

gun1.gif
"If you aim at nothing,
you will be sure to hit it"
hsas371x48.gif
Santa_Cruz.gif
[img][/img]

Comments

• PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    And here i thought this post was going to be about beating up that cutieracer troll!!

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr
  • H.S. 10-XH.S. 10-X Member Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've never used one of those, but I would think any good marine battery would be just fine. Sounds like a marketing gimmick to me. Also it would depend on how big your trolling motor is.

10-X.jpgFort_Smith.gif
    "If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"- Kansas
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I used standard deep cycle batteries in my Boat, and ran the Trolling motor off them, really never had to recharge them as the boat motor took care of all that. 300 bucks for a battery??

I just put one of the Gell Batteries in the Harley, on the net they were like 174.00, place down the road from me sells em for 60.00

animatflip.gif

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Slect-fire
    Bambihunter
    Captkirk
    and others have said the same in the other forum as well. I Had to ask the questions and as usual all thoese here on GB put my thoughts to rest [:D]

Thanks!!! [:D][:D][:D]

gun1.gif
    "If you aim at nothing,
    you will be sure to hit it"
    hsas371x48.gif
    Santa_Cruz.gif
    [img][/img]
  • woodshermitwoodshermit Member Posts: 2,589
    edited November -1
    Think about getting 2 decent marine batteries, one for backup, then spend the $100 that's leftover for a couple of new rods.

I'm wondering what might be different about a deep cycle battery that makes it "made just for trolling motors".
  • sitkablacktailsitkablacktail Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buy two golf cart battries(6vdc) and hook them in series to get 12 vdc and will run your trolling motor till the cows come home, they are about $50 ea.
  • kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    Ask PaBooger what batteries he uses, he can troll for hours[:D][;)][:o)]

orst-title-1.gif

SUPPORT THE I.N.S. , THE COUNTRY THEY SAVE COULD BE YOUR OWN