In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Whoops! Time for a ramble through my thoughts.

powdersmokepowdersmoke Member Posts: 3,241
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Yea, Things don't look as bad or depressing right now as they have for the last three months. [:)] A good job prospect, tho' not confirmed, don't want to count my chickens yet. Pays very good, if I get it, it should help us out of the hole we were digging just trying to keep our heads above water these last several months. Won't have to rob my 401k either. [8D]

Of course things on that front could not have been too bad as I've gained some weight while off work. [:I] What a lazy good for nothing couch potato I am. [:D]

My father should be out of intensive care/hospital by the weekend or right after, thanks for all the well wishes. [:)]

My youngest daughters marriage looks to be getting off to a good start. Gives the grandaughter a father too, something a grandpa has trouble being. [;)]

Wife and I get along. [:p] Might be we've just gotten used to each other, but there is love there. [:0] She's settled down some even today with the job prospect on the horizon. [^]

My sister is going to nursing school eight months after her husband died (David). This is good, she's moving on with her life. [8D]

And perhaps significant (or not) I didn't have to sell any of my BP pistols to pay any bills. [:D] Not yet anyway. [}:)]

fa4d9fb5.jpg

When you wrestle a 'gator, there ain't no good end!!

"Molon Labe!" Spartan General-King Leonidas

Comments

• dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Powdersmoke,

Ain't it nice when life is good![:D]

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Powder...
    You can ramble any time...or rant for that matter...

Ramble thru your thoughts?...nannnnnnhhh but tiptoe thru them barefoot?...sure...*LOL

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    Tough job market out there. I'm trying to get a new job and it ain't easy. Is this job going to require relocating to someplace besides Flarda? I'm looking at one job that would send me back to Flagstaff. I'm not crazy about the idea of moving back to Flag, but the scenery is nice there (especially near the university[}:)])

orst-title-1.gif

SUPPORT THE I.N.S. , THE COUNTRY THEY SAVE COULD BE YOUR OWN
  • powdersmokepowdersmoke Member Posts: 3,241
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kingjoey
    Tough job market out there. I'm trying to get a new job and it ain't easy. Is this job going to require relocating to someplace besides Flarda? I'm looking at one job that would send me back to Flagstaff. I'm not crazy about the idea of moving back to Flag, but the scenery is nice there (especially near the university[}:)])

orst-title-1.gif

I would be based out of KC but would keep the house in Florida. The job is not a permanent position it's a 3 mnth to 1 year duration.

Oh yea, Hey King' how ya been.

fa4d9fb5.jpg

edited November -1
    Been pretty good, been overly stressed with work and planning how to get out of Phoenix so I haven't been sleeping much. Looking forward to getting outta here soon, unfortunately my g-friend's job is relocating her to Casa Grande which is about an hour further away which is going to make things inconvenient. What type of job are you looking at? Is it similar to your old job or are they going to do the "teaching an old dog new tricks" thing?[;)]

orst-title-1.gif

• powdersmokepowdersmoke Member Posts: 3,241
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kingjoey
    Been pretty good, been overly stressed with work and planning how to get out of Phoenix so I haven't been sleeping much. Looking forward to getting outta here soon, unfortunately my g-friend's job is relocating her to Casa Grande which is about an hour further away which is going to make things inconvenient. What type of job are you looking at? Is it similar to your old job or are they going to do the "teaching an old dog new tricks" thing?[;)]

orst-title-1.gif

Waitaminute! Who's this old dog your refering to. I May be a dog but you watch that other! (Tho' I have been called a pig more often).

Same type of thing I have been doing before, some new, principles are the same tho'. This is more in the meat processing end of things whereas I have been working in the bakery end.

fa4d9fb5.jpg

edited November -1
    Yep, I finally read your other post that had the details. Sounds like a good opportunity.

orst-title-1.gif