In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Columbine Report, see if you can see the mistake!

jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Here is a link to a picture that was in todays paper from a story titled "Columbine report angers victim's families". Under neath the pictur reads: "Evidence on display during the Colorado Attorney's report included the AK-47 and one of the sawed-off shotguns used by the killers." Now go to the link and look at the picture then tell me WHAT guns you see?[;)]

http://groups.msn.com/jjmspictures/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=18

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
Rita Mae Brown

Comments

• sutterrogsutterrog Member Posts: 163 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Funniest looking AK I'VE ever seen. When it comes to firearms, the ignorance of the press is truly astounding.[:o)][xx(][:o)]
  • leadlead Member Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Isn't that one of those pre-ban Hi-points? I don't know what's sadder, the whole tragedy, or the way the anti's use it.

Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    I too believe that what I see is a 9mm HI-POINT carbine. It doesn't even qualify as an assualt weapon.[:(!]

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • SilentKnightSilentKnight Member Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To the press no matter what the gun is, it is ALWAYS an AK-47 or Uzi.[:(]
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    That is a 9mm carbine. I guess cause it's black it is an assault weapon?

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    LOOKS LIKE A AK TO ME

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy
  • jujujuju Member Posts: 6,321
    edited November -1
    jj, I hope you wrote or called the paper to let them know of their mistake, I'm sure they will want to print a correction[}:)]

JuJu(that kinda stuff gets me so steamed[:(!])
  • BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    Yeppers,looks just my Hi-Point.

BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • woodshermitwoodshermit Member Posts: 2,589
    edited November -1
    The media is also reporting that there were as many as 15 complaints to law enforcement about these two kids, including a report that one of them was making a pipe bomb.
  • PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    That's what my cousin and I like to call, "The Plague Carbine." A couple years back, we had never seen one before and then at one gun show they showed up everywhere overnight. I commented that it was like a plague of cheaply made carbines, and the name stuck.

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by headzilla97
    LOOKS LIKE A AK TO ME

Excuse me? [?][B)]

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
    edited November -1
    What are these people tryin to pull[:(!][:(!] And even when someone points out the stupidity - the damage is already done[V][V]

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY RIGHTS - GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY (this includes politicians)
  • RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw on one news show a report about it and the reporter said something along the lines of

"The father of one of the victims was looking at the items and saw one of the guns and said "thats the gun that shot my boy"

The gun did not shoot your son. THE OTHER BOY SHOT YOUR SON!!!

RUGER.jpg

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Ben Franklin
  • kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    Yep, its one of them ultra-rare, ultra-dangerous 9mm AK's with the polymer receiver that lets gunmen smuggle them past the metal detectors at the airport. Hey wait, where's the telltale hi-cap banana mag and the gas-tube? Where's the bayonet lug and grenade launcher? You mean these morons went on a shooting spree with a lo-cap gun and no bayonet? Man, glad to see that the AWB prevented that from being a disaster[:o)]

BillCat.gif

SUPPORT THE I.N.S. , THE COUNTRY THEY SAVE COULD BE YOUR OWN