In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Further Thoughts on the job search.

powdersmokepowdersmoke Member Posts: 3,241
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Well haven't heard anything on the job in KC since last Thursday. The 'flesh peddler' lady told me she was going to call Friday. Hmmm, ya' reakon that means I didn't get it. Guess I just wanted to much money. (Greedy B***ard).

I went down to Wimauma (pronounce that Why-mama) yesterday, a 1 1/2 hour drive (hadda' get up early too, dark thirty) to bid on a job doing mechanical drawings for fabrication. Sent them my estimate today, so now I'm waiting on a response to that. If they are favorable it could keep me and several others busy for a couple of months at least. That is if all is as it appeared when I was there. Don't expect to hear anything until tomorrow. But since I'm such a greedy b***ard I probably ruined it for me and my friends.

Other than that, all there are is the same ol' non-jobs there were before.

Did get a notice from the unemployment compensation people saying I had to go in for an evaluation/assessment. Must think I'm not trying hard enough, don'cha' know McDonalds is hireing boy? Anywho that will tie up a day I could be looking for a job. Whadathey care, they're working.

fa4d9fb5.jpg

When you wrestle a 'gator, there ain't no good end!!

"Molon Labe!" Spartan General-King Leonidas