In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Powerball 210 Million...Are you Playing ??

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2003 in General Discussion
What would you do with it?

Comments

• Options
    tajjntajjn Member Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A few more class III's would be in order.[:D]

Houses and trust funds for the kids (4)

A tell work to kiss my behind.

t-rex.gif
  • Options
    tajjntajjn Member Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A few more class III's would be in order.[:D]

Houses and trust funds for the kids (4)

And tell work to kiss my behind.

t-rex.gif
  • Options
    searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    Playing, Hell! I sell the damn things. I may be drinking by noon!

Proud member of the NRA

When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.
    Abraham Lincoln

If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith.
    Albert Einstein
  • Options
    ClairClair Member Posts: 679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a long shot, but I got to put a few bucks in.
    4 kids and I would retire, instantly.

<P> To each his own
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm Playing .. maybe one of those 10k dollar shotguns !!
  • Options
    hawkeye6020hawkeye6020 Member Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yea i'll throw a couple bucks away on it. if i should win, well I would retire and spend every day thinking up new ways to enjoy myself. I would not have to worry about how I'm going to send the boys to collage. The old harley would get a better than new rebuild.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lotteries are a tax on the mathmatically challenged.

My heros have always killed cowboys.
  • Options
    zr700zr700 Member Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got mine yesterday , can't wait to sign that check [:D]
    Will be building the best range ever seen [:D]

Jason
    Proud NRA member
    "The constitutions of most of our states assert that all power is inherent in the people; that...it is there right and duty to be at all times armed."
    Thomas Jefferson 1824
  • Options
    ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ya know, this is one lottery I might actually buy.. I mean, what do I have to lose, a buck or two? And that buck or two will make SOMEBODY happy, so , oh well.

And if I won, first Id give half to cancer research, then the other half I would start a few businesses, buy an insane amount of guns, build myself a house with a huge vault in the basement for all my guns, buy a ton of sweet cars (Bentleys, Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Aston Martins, McClarens, Range Rovers, Hummers, and one of those suburbans with the 50 cal auto on top)

Then I'd buy my family and friends a bunch of sweet cars, buy a ton of land and make a public range with targets all the way out to 1000 yards. (GHD would be impressed [:p])

Then Id also have a range at my house with targets out to 1000 yards, and Id have an indoor pistol range, ya know, somewhere where I could shoot my new Glock 18. [:D]

Then I'd give 270 Deer Slayer $10 and tell him to quit being such a wonk.

And Id have a new giveaway everyday.

www.ammoday.com
    bulletline.gif
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am thinking about buying a ticket today, for the first time this year.

What would I do with it?
    I have always had a soft spot for abused people.
    Men as well as women and children.
    Stuck in a life, they do not know how to change.
    I would have to set up a shelter (home) with the resources and help,
    to give them a chance to change the course of their lives.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    I would go places and do things i have never seen or done. First i would donate a sizable amount to the Make A Wish foundation so that terminally ill kids could have a great time.

cart205.gif

troop_blink3.gif
  • Options
    DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would purchase GunBroker.com. I would then add a forum called Shock and Awe, for specific purpose of exchanging fashion tips.
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You won't catch me paying any "stupid tax"!

(But it's great to see others lined-up ready to pay!)
  • Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I might buy me a house in Idaho and hire someone to build a porch around the whole thing. Come to think of it, that may not cover it.[:0]

Really, I think they ought to give one million$ to 210 seperate winners.

Old? First you forget names; then you forget faces; then you forget to pull your zipper up; then you forget to pull your zipper down.
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You bet! Sure, it's less likely than being hit by lightening, but you don't catch fish if your line ain't in the water. In NH, the state's share goes to school funding, so while it is, as others noted, paying taxes, at least the taxes go to something of value and the last time I looked, paying taxes the old fashioned way offers ZERO CHANCE of winning $210 million!

Use? (1) Set up some trusts so nobody, but nobody knows I have it. (2) Make sure my family is taken care of well into their dotage. (3) Donate a bunch to selected organizations / causes - some charitable, some political, and none DemoCrap. (4) Buy some super rare rounds for my collection, a few firearms and a few amenities - my tastes are simple. (5) At some point way down the line, buy a winter "cottage" next to the beach in Rio and buy / build spring / summer / fall camps in Atlantic Canada and Alaska so I won't ever have to be hot or cold!! (6) Invite my friends to go shooting / hunting / fishing / oogling as the case may be!
  • Options
    cowdoccowdoc Member Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i just got back from town and bought ten power balls and guess my wife got one last nite there was many people filling out their own number cards.
    alop got five wild cards, thats at $200,000 i think...
    15/16 dollars is very very small amount of money to gamble. if you know how much money i have lost this last week with mcd and also how much money i throw in the soil each crop season to grow crops....we are talking $100+/acre in just seed fert chem and ect so what the hey 15-16 dollars is nothing for a chance to win 200+mill [:D]

If i win first thing i will do is pay all my operating debt and land debt
    replace all my worn out iron then buy me a newer pickup then the rest will cause me more work like start my owm meat processing plant to provide you with A#1 USA beef and maybe get me a fleet of combines and trucks and go on the harvest run from TX to ND. also would do what i could to take out as many of the Ag monoplies as i could and leave them in a rubble pile with me standing on top of it!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    IF I hit it.. the first 10 to reply after posting will win a gift cerfiticate of 5k for the gun of their choosing. Must shake my hand to pick it up. I would like a group photo...
  • Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    select-fire -- Well, here's my post, and I've already shaken your hand, so..... [:D]

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpg Life Member - fortbutton2.gif
  • Options
    firechieffirechief Member Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, If I won I would fly all of you fine people some place special for a BIG get together. Second, I'd donate a lot of it and last I'd keep enough to retire my entire family. Course the most I've ever hit was $7, but a guy can dream can't he.

First ones in, Last ones out.
    Firechief
    fireh20.gif
  • Options
    s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    What would I do you ask;well I don't have enough time to list them all.I would though have many differant type vehicles,homes in differant areas of the country,hunting camps in differant areas,boats of all kinds.The list would be very long.

I am confused at times.

We park on driveways,

and drive on parkways.
  • Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is one winner in Pennsylvania and one in South Carolina, dang they have to share the 210 million.

Old? First you forget names; then you forget faces; then you forget to pull your zipper up; then you forget to pull your zipper down.
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    Smokeeater 38Smokeeater 38 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    Playing, yes.

If I won:

Share with friends
    Have a GB party
    Buy more firearms
    Get an FFL & Class III
    Build my own range
    Buy land and build houses for resale

How'd I do?

Bought 5 Powerball got nothing [:(]

Bought 5 Hoosier Lotto got a free ticket [:)]

Most I've won:

Powerball: $3

Hoosier Lotto:
    Lots of free tickets [:)]
    $3 a few times [8D]
    $45 once spent it on tickets over 3 weeks time [:D]

It's still fun to play and dream. [8D]

Get the job done and come home safe guys.

I rush in where others flee.
  • Options
    elect1mikeelect1mike Member Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    pay my bills off put alot in the bank cause at the amount you would get lump sum I could pay off my debt fix the old house up and live off the interest of the rest. But I would still work just alot more choosey of my jobs LOL. And buy that first generation colt saa that I have always wanted o wait that would take all the money I would get wouldn't it.LOL

bull.txt
    col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    I am a man but I can change if I have to,I guess.
  • Options
    rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    Well, it looks as though somebody nailed the powerball because on my way home I looked at the powerball billboard next to the freeway and it was sitting at 10million again.[:(]

aliens.jpg