In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Can't Just drop it, Can ya!

FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
CHICAGO (Reuters) - A Tennessee woman has sued Janet Jackson and others involved in her breast-baring Super Bowl halftime show, saying millions of people are owed monetary damages for exposure to lewd conduct, court records show. The suit, filed earlier this week in federal court in Knoxville, Tennessee, also names pop star Justin Timberlake, who performed with Jackson, CBS Broadcasting, show producer MTV, and the parent of those two companies, Viacom.

CBS and Viacom said they had no comment on the filing.

Where' MY cut? [:D][:D][:D]

gun1.gif
"If you aim at nothing,
you will be sure to hit it"
hsas371x48.gif
Santa_Cruz.gif
[img][/img]

Comments

• dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw it do I gat some money?[}:)]

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think a years worth of free cable will cover my pain [:D] [;)]

gun1.gif
    "If you aim at nothing,
    hsas371x48.gif
    Santa_Cruz.gif
    [img][/img]
  • sheepdipsheepdip Member Posts: 3,124
    edited November -1
    Be the first time I got paid to look at a t!t
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sheepdip
    Be the first time I got paid to look at a t!t

I hear that....I'll let her stuff a dollar in my whitey tidies. [:D]
  • Gibbs505Gibbs505 Member Posts: 3,175
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FrancF
    CHICAGO (Reuters) - A Tennessee woman has sued Janet Jackson and others involved in her breast-baring Super Bowl halftime show, saying millions of people are owed monetary damages for exposure to lewd conduct, court records show. The suit, filed earlier this week in federal court in Knoxville, Tennessee, also names pop star Justin Timberlake, who performed with Jackson, CBS Broadcasting, show producer MTV, and the parent of those two companies, Viacom.

CBS and Viacom said they had no comment on the filing.

Where' MY cut? [:D][:D][:D]

gun1.gif
    "If you aim at nothing,
    hsas371x48.gif
    Santa_Cruz.gif
    America, where you can sue anyone, even if there is nothing, and I mean nothing, to sue about.[B)]  Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
  • FrOgFrOg Member Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wasn't particularly happy with Janet Jackson, but I think this suit is bull. Unless you are willing to pay everyone who watched it (one of the most watched of the recent Superbowls). Sounds a lot like a liberal economic plan.

Frog

divemed1sm.jpg

GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,063 ******
    edited November -1
    I saw it live and was deeply offended. Dawnie saw it too, as did our dogs. All of us are wounded, and may need extensive psychological counseling to recover from this vicious assault on our sensibilities.

We have been unable to work or conduct our lives in a normal fashion since this horrible experience.

It's bound to be someone's fault. Pay up.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net
  • dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    Someone looking for their 15 minutes of fame.Will take a judge less time to throw it out than it took to file the case.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it would have a larger breast would I get more ?? I had to say it. I tell ya'll that my eyesight hasn't been the same since.
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey nunn, you said yer dogs saw it to. Well there's a lady on animal planet network that is a pet shrink, maybe you could enlist her to prove the dogs damage. Then you could get more money in the suit [:D][:D][:D]

Only the strong survive!!!!!
  • s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    I figure they owe me $65.00 + 7 1/2% tax.I had to get the Carpet scrubbed after dropping a glass of Grape Juice.

1-Powder

2-Patch

3-Ball

4-Remove the Rod

5-Do Not Forget the Cap.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Quick...someone show me the picture. I want in too. [}:)]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    leave it to a lawyer to try a new angle, but in this case ... I hope they win, and win BIG then maybe they'll clean things up a bit across the board ....

If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We're always complaining about the idiots that file frivolous lawsuits, well this is just another stupid one.
  • rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    Sheesh....people in this fricken country act like they've never seen a boobie before. Time to grow out of the "cooties" stage of life, folks.

aliens.jpg
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    I am glad we were spared the other udder.[xx(]

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
    edited November -1
    That's it! next time I see a 300 lb woman at the beach in a thong, I AM SUEING! [}:)][:D][;)]

gun1.gif
    "If you aim at nothing,
    hsas371x48.gif
    Santa_Cruz.gif
    [img][/img]
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would be ashamed to sue over something like that,whether I liked it or not.It may not have been appropriate?But I would not bring the shame on my family or my self by trying to make money from it.Just my 2 cents!

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • tidemantideman Member Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FrancF,
    Thanks for keeping all of us ..............A Breast.........of the situation!!![:D][:D][:D][:D]

Tideman
  • zr700zr700 Member Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What a joke, get over it already

Jason
    Proud NRA member
    "The constitutions of most of our states assert that all power is inherent in the people; that...it is there right and duty to be at all times armed."
    Thomas Jefferson 1824
  • The LawThe Law Member Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Quick...someone show me the picture. I want in too

Ya see...Law's always here to educate...[;)]

["Don't mistake my honesty for weakness...
    edited November -1
    No wonder people are starving in- naaaaa won't go their [:D] [:D] [:D]

gun1.gif
    "If you aim at nothing,
    hsas371x48.gif
    Santa_Cruz.gif
    [img][/img]
  • s4shooters4shooter Member Posts: 63 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    JANET WHO?

Jerry Weinberg
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    get over it...usually costs me a buck at the local strip club for that.....got it for free this time.......

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it that the former does not submit to hereditary predjudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert E.

On my tombstone:"Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel..."the Lizard King
  • groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    Maybe next time they'll jerk the bottoms off....you know...."tit for *"!! GHD
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Man, if I have to I would almost PAY money to the television stations NOT TO HAVE TO LOOK AT some of the crap that they broadcast in order for them to make billions. And don't even think I am a prude.

Quote "When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions."
    edited November -1
    GHD [:D][:D][:D] I am laughing so hard at this right now my gut hurts [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

gun1.gif
    "If you aim at nothing,
    hsas371x48.gif
    Santa_Cruz.gif
    [img][/img]
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Franc, I just went blind on GHD comment.. Is that 2 prong or 4 prong barbwire ?
  • bluegoose11bluegoose11 Member Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I dont know about sueing over that I just hope its not loaded
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    I USED to think Janet looked pretty good, after seeing that sagging thing...

I'M BLIND !!!!!

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
  • plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    I found it Udderly replusive. I also find it Udderly ridiculous that a law suit was brought (but this is frivilous in the real sense but will cost Janet Jackhooter some of the money she earned with her idea of sexy TV and that is just okay by me. She and Justin Timbercake should not profit from this cheap stunt. I think the lawyer will certainly milk this case dry and the media will of course milk this for all it is worth, and lastly but not least America will be kept abreast of the case as the evidence shows it lost its supporter and sponsor, Mr. Brazier. In the meantime Janet will not be hanging out at Superbowl halftime shows and instead will be modeling jewerly including pen holders for male life guards who do not have a chest pocket to hold their citation pens.

Been a long time since I saw a star fall so far that she would do almost anything to get attention. Beyond poor taste.

Well, I talked about this subject long enough, I am Udderly speechless.
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This was the most offensive thing I have ever seen. This has caused serious repercussions, and has caused me a mental illness, barring me from going to work and school. Because I can't attend school, I will not receive a good job out of college. I planned on making about 100k a year, so figure, average life expectancy, eh, about 75 years, -22 years, 5.3 million, add inflation, round it up to 6 mil.

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    NO DOUBT,SHE WILL WIN!

Gun_smokes.gif

Swanton.gif
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    1) Who is Janet Jackson?

2) What is a "Super Bowl"?

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • Tiger6Tiger6 Member Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hear Janse is bringing counter-litigation against all the media that has been raising hell over the half-time show and the presentation of her breast to the public.. She is now depressed and withdrawn, can't sleep, has realized lost wages and long term impact on her career, over the mass rejection of what she thought was a "good boob!" [}:)][}:)]

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
    George Orwell

TARGETS UP!
    TIGER6
  • rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    Her boob kinda reminds me of a deflated football.

aliens.jpg