In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Certegy Incorporated is watching you

Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I recently went to Bestbuy to pickup a laptop and attempted to purchase it with my Wells Fargo Visa-Check Card, denied.

How could that happen, I have thousands of dollars in that account.

I blow it off and write them a check, denied by their check verification machine.

They give me a phone number for Certegy Incorporated to find out why my account is blocked from purchasing. The lady at Certegy says they monitor consumer spending and block transactions when there is a pattern developing that they think is fraudulent use of someone's account.

They are not a bank and have blocked me from purchasing items at vendors that use Certegy for check verification, they even blocked my U.S. Government issued Travel Card with a $10,000 limit (heh I had to try it).

Must be all the ammo,guns, copenhagen, and gas I've been purchasing lately.

I reluctantly went to Walmart and bought a computer, same card...

I think the rest of you could expect the same thing to happen in the near future.....Words of advice, purchase everything with Cash.

They know what you have.

kabalogoshadowed.gif

Comments