In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Chris Dodd might be out ?

Duce1Duce1 Member Posts: 9,329
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
He is reported to have prostate cancer.

Now I do not wish him " ill will " in his health problems. But I sure do wish him a ending to his political career.

But who will be the liberal to replace him if he does not choose the path of Senator Kennedy and hang on until the end !

Comments

• Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    I don't wish him well... I wish him an early retirement and a thorough investigation into his criminal activities that leads to a stressful, lengthy prison term in a place where his power gains him no favor.
    And what possible good could Kennedy be doing, remaining in office. He needs to get off the pot as well.
  • Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wanted to let you know that I've been diagnosed with an early stage of prostate cancer.

This diagnosis is very common among men my age. In fact, one in six men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer at some point during their life.

Luckily, a routine test allowed my doctor to catch it at a very early stage, and my prognosis is excellent - we expect a full and speedy recovery.

I want to assure you that I'm feeling fine. As you know, we've been working hard to pass health care legislation and reform our nation's financial system to protect consumers, and that hard work will continue.

After the Senate adjourns at the end of next week, I'll have surgery to remove the cancer. After a week or two of recuperation, I expect to be right back to work.

After all, as a Member of Congress, I have great health insurance. I was able to get screened, seek the opinions of highly skilled doctors, consider all the available options, and choose the treatment that was right for me.

And I know you'll agree that every American deserves the same ability.

We have health care legislation to pass - and an election to win. And I can't thank you enough for your support.

Sincerely, .
    /
    /
    Sorry he wants to stay.
    We are doing our best to oust him.DUMP DODD!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by scottm21166
    I don't wish him well... I wish him an early retirement and a thorough investigation into his criminal activities that leads to a stressful, lengthy prison term in a place where his power gains him no favor.
    And what possible good could Kennedy be doing, remaining in office. He needs to get off the pot as well.

Better said than I did.

Thanks for your input .

Now if enough of us wish that they get in return for us the gift of thievery , maybe we can all visit him in his prison cell.

That would be enjoyable event.............
  • Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    Dodd is so far behind in the state polls and his fundraising within the state is failing too. But, he retains support from unions, newspapers, and of course the financial and insurance industries as well as having a national fundraising effort that does bring in alot of cash. Hopefully, the vote will lead him toward a new job in the private sector...when he gets out.
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Like his Dad before him, an inglorious end to his Senate career would be welcomed.
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1

Kennedy is doing a lot of good if he holds onto the office & NEVER shows up for work. Better an empty seat than anyone from Mass.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

HAHA you are very diplomatic, I have no sympathy for him, wish him all the ill will in the world...karma is a *

He and Barney Frank are the architects of this disasterous housing crisis, and both should be imprisoned for the rest of their days...of course Barney Frank would enjoy prison, at least the gang rape part

regarding Kennedy....they'll just elect another liberal moron to replace him...Massachusetts is a mess....
  • Options
    trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1
    Personally---- I think he is lieing .
    He needs the sympathy vote .
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by trapguy2007
    Personally---- I think he is lieing .
    He needs the sympathy vote .

You are most probably right !

After seeing his interview on T.V. and how he down played it and making comments about his " Government health care ".

He was looking to boost his vote at home and put in a plug for national health care !

He is telling another lie !

Now watch and wait he will be re-elected...........
  • Options
    edited November -1
    well Duh...he's from Connecticut isn't he? Of course he will be re-elected...just another over taxed liberal state that is a mess...
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't bank on him passing folks.
    Prostate cancer when caught early rarely has an impact on lifespan.

Sorry to be a "bummer."
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Dodd is so far behind in the state polls and his fundraising within the state is failing too. But, he retains support from unions, newspapers, and of course the financial and insurance industries as well as having a national fundraising effort that does bring in alot of cash. Hopefully, the vote will lead him toward a new job in the private sector...when he gets out.

Doesn't matter. Some other POS sellout criminal american will slide right into his spot and the agenda will not miss a beat.
  • Options
    RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1
    When Kennedy finally kicks the bucket, Barney Frank will likely get his seat in the senate. Mass. should be thrown out of the union.
  • Options
    Ford 23Ford 23 Member Posts: 3,129
    edited November -1
    Heard about Dodd's prostate cancer on the news today, don't know if he is lying or not, but he has no worry he will receive the best medical care available and would whether the new great National Health plan were in effect today

A little over four years ago I was seeded for prostate cancer, between Medicare and my supplement insurance I had very little out of pocket expense for the diagnoses and treatment. My first thought on hearing of Dodd was what kind of mess would I be facing if I were diagnosed with prostate cancer if under there great National Health plan. Probably have to wait for several months for treatment, if they didn't refuse treatment because of age (74), would be rejected because a dot over an i was missing redo the paper work. Have to sit there going through an ordeal of an interview with some dumb smart * Federal clerk before being passed to another higher rated dumb smart * Federal decision maker. All I can see is a nightmare compared to how smooth my experience was

Now Dodd no matter how much of a wasted piece of garbage he is would sail right through, makes you want to throw up thinking about where we are headed
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RtWngExtrmst
    When Kennedy finally kicks the bucket, Barney Frank will likely get his seat in the senate. Mass. should be thrown out of the union.

You could be right, but don't underestimate the Kennedy family desire to have someone in the family carry on. Not quite sure of the specifics, but I presume Gov Patrick will appoint someone for the short future if Kennedy dies before his current term expires.

I suppose I'd look for someone in the Kennedy family to get a little face time on TV if the intent is for one of them to take over.

If Rep Frank somehow gets his hand on the Senate seat he won't want to let go.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RtWngExtrmst

I can't see Barney Frank giving up his Seniority in the House to run for Senate....I could be wrong but he has ALOT of power in the House, and would have to start over in the Senate.

One less Kennedy in Gov't is a good thing no matter how ya slice it!!![^]
  • Options
    HeavyBarrelHeavyBarrel Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dodd is an enemy to the Constitution and an elitist pig, I really could care less how he turns out.....