In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

My range report for my Alchemy Spectre

FlyinGNFlyinGN Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Had my Spectre at the range and want to report this..

* I loaded in a mag of Blazer alum and had problems with the striker igniting the primer.. I tried CCI Lawmen and had much better luck. The gun needs to be broken in and Im gonna try other ammo to see what it likes better.

* the ashley sights are different and I was not really used to them so I shot a little low and the right .. (about 2" each way at 45')

* The gun felt GREAT in my hands and was easy to level and sight in to the target.

* I don't have any target pics but it grouped really well. Grouped better then my Armscor. Id say about 2" at 45'.

* I put 50 rounds thru it. I spoke to Alchemy and they said that I need another 150 rounds or so to properly break it in.. We will be heading back with different ammo to see ..

* The safety and grip safety worked well throughout the session.. No surprises here..

* The trigger action is very smooth and very short. The way I like it. I have the tendency to nose down the gun anticipating the shot when I use a long travel or a DA trigger., I like the Spectres trigger very much..

* The mags works fine and had no ftf's or jams. I did get one failer of the slide to go into full lock position after a new round was chambered. I attribute this to the ammo (?) and hopefully a proper break in will take care of this.

* The biggest problem is this.. After I got home and cleaned it I tried to lock the mag with the supplied key. It turns 90 degrees and inserts a 'tang' into the magwell so that you cannot instert a mag. It went about 45 degrees and locked solid. HMMMMFT. It took my 15 minutes and a proken key to get it back to the position where I can use the gun.
I called Alchemy and they are sending out a new lock tumbler and key to replace the broken one.

* overall I am happy at this point. Not overjoyed but hopefully a break in and more range time will change this to overjoyed. I feel Alchemy did a fine job on the gun.

Frank