In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Can Anyone Help?

njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Mrs njretcop has been trying to register for three days. I don't wanna make an issue on here about the problem.

If you know how to register another person in the same household using the same dial up connection, please send email to my address below.

Grumble grumble grum......

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    They just need a different email addy...

Classic and I use the same dial up...sometimes he goes on his, sometimes I on mine, but its the same flippin number that its dialed into...
    BUT we do have different emails....and that is where the answer lies...I tried using his when I registered...NO GO...had to use my own....

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Thanks Beth,

She did use her own email address. Anything else you can think of?

It's driving us nuts....[:(!][:(!][:(!]

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
    edited November -1
    Are you logged out when she tries to register?...

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
    edited November -1
    Yup....

Tell you what happened briefly.

She tried to register (we use AOL). AOL considers GunBroker an adult site and blocks them with their filter. After we learned this, we turned off the filter. In the meantime, they sent the registration code which, of course, we did not get.

We re-registered and they signed her up for the auction site and not the public forums! We wrote to customer service and they say the problem is resolved, but she still cannot sign on.

She gave up and went to get her nails done....[:D]

vic.jpg

Charlie

• FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    njretcop

A way around that is, Start aol like you do, then start Internet Explorer as you browser.

gun.gif
    Those who live by the
    sword get shot by those who don't.

[img][/img]Santa_Cruz.gif
    edited November -1
    Sounds like the prob is aol..not gun broker....
    WHy anyone would want aol is beyond me....you pay for their service, yet they dictate where you can go on the web....

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
    edited November -1
    BETH,

Please don't go there, hahaha. [^]

We've had that discussion too many times. [:D][:D][:D]

It's NOT the fault of AOL this time. GunBroker signed her up on the auction site with no problem, but she cannot get on the public forums.

I know it's separate, and you have to sign up for both separately, but why can't she get on it?

vic.jpg

Charlie

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Surrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeee Charlie, You just wanna hog the net.
    edited November -1
    select,

Looks like that's whats gonna happen.....[:p]

She's disappointed but whadda gonna do? LOL.

vic.jpg

Charlie

• He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,447 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We will just start calling you Charlene or mrsnjretcop!

He Dog
    edited November -1
    OOOOOOOhhhhhhhhh NO Not that!!![:D][:D][:D]

vic.jpg

Charlie

edited November -1
    AAAAAAAHhhhhhh but Charlie....You and I have never had that discussion....*LOL...
    Its raining here, could do with a good debate *[}:)]

In all seriousness though...I dont know why she is registered for one and not the other....What about hitting register on this page?...*LMAO...ohhhhhhhh boy...

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • hallchinaladyhallchinalady Member Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NJRETCOP....
    Lots of luck...had the same problem myself...hope the info helped....but must register twice....yes twice...once for the gunbroker then AGAIN for the discussion forum. Once you get into the gunbroker then hit the forum and reregister.

Hope this helps.....had the same problem. Good luck Carol.

I learned at a young age; Don't say "I can't"; say "I'll try!"
    loader_raising_shovel_md_clr.gif?SSImageQuality=Full
    edited November -1
    Deana,

I've been trying to get her to post for a long time. It was Harrisburg that finally got her. She (and I) had a great time, loved the people we met and want to continue the friendship.

Looks like she's not gonna make it. She gave up!

It's snowing here tonight, so after she got her nails done, she decided to try out her new all wheel drive truck. I hope nobody left the kids or pets out tonight, LOL.

vic.jpg

Charlie

• adminadmin Member, Administrator Posts: 1,079 admin
    edited November -1
    The problem we (as in GunBroker.com, the company) have with the forums is that we did not write the forum software. The auction software was developed in-house so our admin tools for the auction are awesome. The forum software was licensed from a third-party company and the admin tools are weak.

About the only thing you can do is use the password retrieval system built into the login page. Unfortunately if you email address has changed and you don't remember your password (both at the same time) the only thing you can do is re-register under a different email address and user name.
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    hahahah you actually pay $24 a month for AOL? What a joke they are.. and obviously they are anti gun, trying to block gunbroker..

I dont understand why people just dont get a local ISP for about 10 dollars less...

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com