In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

SInce two others have....

Winchester-muttWinchester-mutt Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
...I guess I can introduce myself too. I am not really "new" here. Been lurking and listening for quite a while. I remember back when Bullzeye shot his tree with his mosin, and when the Eric Williams "murder" story came out, and all the crap Darrel (RIP) got when he came on board with his self-defense theories. Finally decided to quit lurking and start posting. OH...I know not to degenerate the 25-06 thanks to the good Rev. GHD and not to stir the damn yankees too hard (would hate to get all the Booger clan upset![:D])

Anyway...a little about me. Live in N. W. TN, better known as "God's Country" by those of us in the know. Love to squirrel, rabbit, quail, and deer hunt. Never been much on fighting off mosquitos, so don't really turkey hunt that much. I have an eclectic collection of guns. Whatever I like, I try to buy! Gosh, let's see...Pistols...I have 6; Mark II Govt. Target mdl, High Standard Durango, S&W CS45, Bersa 380, Ruger Super Redhawk in 480 and a small frame Tarus 38spc. Shotguns...870 Rem, 1200 Winchester, 870 youth model, 410 and 20 gauge NEF's, OLD (great ganddad's) damascus barrel sxs, Sears single shot 12 gauge (granddads). Rifles...(will probably forget some) Marlin 336, Remington Sportsman 78 in 270, several old Savage 22's, one Steven's Crackshot 22 (granddads), Traditions ml, NEF 243, and assorted other various flavors that I am too lazy to walk to the bedroom and write down.

Anyway...I am pretty thick-skinned, and know that will come in handy [:p]! Glad to be among all of you!

Comments

• whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Damn mutt, another newbie that's been watching awhile. Always a good idea to take a look at the the lay of the land before you charge into it. Welcome.

Clouder..
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Win-Mutt, you should have made yourself known sooner! We need all the gun folks we can get! Makes the arguments go better.[:D]

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    3 in one day this is great welcome

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Greetin's mutt....Welcome, hello, say howdy, DUCK LOW!!!

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
  • old06old06 Member Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome Mutt join in. I'am having a drawing 7 Feb 04 see my 500 post listing.

psalms 16
  • Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We must be neighbors because I live in Gods Country too (North Dakota Badlands).[:D]

Welcome to the forum.

Mad Dog
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I'd tell ya to pull up a stump, get some of your favorite beverage ready, and keep a pair of waders handy, cause it does get deep in here at times. But since it sounds like you already been here a while, you know all that already. Welcome to the melee.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome, and thanks for introducing yourself.

R/

Dave

How different the world would be if we could consult the veteran instead of the politician. - Henry Miller
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome!

Oh, and Winchesters suck! [:D][:D] (just givin' ya a "proper" introduction).
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    Welcome, I guess, but you've certainly got senority over more than a few of us.[:I]

NSDQ!

"Many free countries have lost their liberty, and ours may lose hers; but if she shall, be it my proudest plume, not that I was the last to desert; but that I never deserted her." -President Abraham Lincoln
  • Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,889 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thursday is back to normal.
    Welcome.

ctrl a

avitar.jpg
    Semper Fi

Remember Ruby Ridge.

Experience is the best teacher and usually charges accordingly.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So ... you've been Lurking.gif ?

welcome.gifand glad to have you aboard newbie.gif

===========================
    Chance favors the prepared mind [8D]

Topeka.gif
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • toolmaniamtoolmaniam Member Posts: 3,213
    edited November -1
    Welcome aboard Mutt, I'm one of the nice guys on the board.[:I][:o)][:D]

A dead intruder cannot testify against you in a court of law!

If they're still moving, put another round in them!

P239n_Beauty.gif
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Welcome! I'm still pretty new here too, and this is one great bunch of folks![:)]

Eric

All American Arms Company

Veteran Owned and Operated
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Welcome Mutt,

I keep telling Admin that the entrance fee is too high! Glad you scraped up the funds to join, LOL. [:o)][:o)][:o)]

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • ClairClair Member Posts: 679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome to you. Winn-mutt

<P> To each his own
    Craig Brosius
  • mustangmustang Member Posts: 615 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    howdy! i hope you have a big pot stiring spoon!!! it helps to keep things fun!!![:D]
  • BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
    edited November -1
    Welcome Winchester Mutt....TN = God's country - hhhmmmmm - I was told, you're close to God's country - That was by my Granpaw, when they were alive in AR and we were visiting folks in TN....[:D]

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY RIGHTS - GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY (this includes politicians)
  • Winchester-muttWinchester-mutt Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Blue-tic...my Mom graduated from high school in Pine Bluff,AR. That was way back in 1960. I have only driven through. Didn't see anything but a bunch of pine trees! No...I will keep my place in West Tennessee, thank you!
  • rogue_robrogue_rob Member Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    YO, AND GO VOLS!

It's not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
  • Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi and Welcome!

Went to school in Eastern TN (UT) and the Corps had me assigned to the Navy base at Millington as an instructor in the mid-60's and I lived in a little town to the East call Mumford.

Now how about those Lady Vol's ... UC got'em[:(]

If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • Winchester-muttWinchester-mutt Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Contender Man...know all about Munford and Millington. My grandparents lived in Covingtion. I lived in Memphis for several years. Got smart and moved back to the country! Too much big city living is not good!

Rogue_Rob...sorry man, but I can't stomach the Vols unless you are talking about basketball (men's and women's). I was a big fan of Johnny Majors, and thought that Fulmer really screwed him over to get his job. Have no respect for Fulmer or any of his players (Manning excluded). Also liked Don DeVoe. AD got his due though. Fired DeVoe after years of good service, always winning 19-20 games a year, never doing anything wrong. What does he get as reward? FIRED! Serves them right to have to go through the Wade Houston debacle! Now they are starting to take steps to right the ship.
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the Zooo!!!!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • FrOgFrOg Member Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like you'll fit in here just fine winmutt. Hope you'll be a regular.[8D]

Frog

divemed1sm.jpg

GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY
  • punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the menagerie. Why the long wait to sign up? Ya ain't one of them closet liberals are you?

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY<P>
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Winchester-mutt Welcome [8D]

gun1.gif
    "If you aim at nothing,
    you will be sure to hit it"
    hsas371x48.gif
    Santa_Cruz.gif
    [img][/img]
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Howdy and Welcome. Did some looking myself back when. Good to get the lay of the land and some feel for the wildlife. Stick around, this is a pretty good swimmin' hole.

He Dog
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Win-mutt, you've show more restraint than most; Bullz has grown a good bit since killing the tree & our pal Eric has been gone for a good 18 months, or is it longer?

Just remember that boogers ain't the only damyankees here, just the largest clan of them. Although why anyone would be willing to admit a kinship to pa escapes me . . . . [;)][}:)]

In any case, glad you came out of the closet and welcome!

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain)
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Boy! All the new members today! It's like the invitation call to Jesus at a Baptist Tent Revival in here!!

Welcome new old guy!

HHHAALLLEEELLUUUYYYYERRRR!!!

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome aboard, Win-Mutt. You've been lurking around here a long time. I'd say it's high time you showed yourself. You sound like a welcome addition already.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • bigt7mmbigt7mm Member Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome old-timer.[;)]

"Been around the world and seen that only stupid people are breeding.The cretins cloning and feeding,and I don't even own a T.V."---Harvey Danger
  • greeker375greeker375 Member Posts: 3,644
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the Forum. Pleasure to make your acquaintance. Sit back no more, so just jump right on in.

"the difference between the almost right word and the right word is like the difference between a lightning bug and a lightning bolt" - Mark Twain.
  • groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    Win-Mutt, WELCOME!! Now go out and take some of your aquired knowledge and get yourself a 25-06!!!! [:D][:)][:D]GHD...pastor at the church of GHD25-06!! PS: My first gun to call my own was a "Crackshot 26"....I know what you have!! GHD
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome aboard, this place is great, the more the marrier.. as your inititiation, you have to do two things.

#1. Recruit two new members to this board.
    #2. Wash Paboogers shorts. [:D]

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com