In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

aol

brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,040 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2002 in General Discussion
i see some of you still use AOL. please go to outdoorsunlimited.net look under news flash for anti gun organizations.AOL is part of time-warner. please find a different isp.stop giving money to AOL,much is spent by them on ANTIGUN LEGISLATION.[:(]

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    i am new here posted this in wrong place looking thru the wanted section i noticed many users have aol asthere isp i have to ask why do you use an isp that supports anti gun legislation it is easy to change and you probably will save a little,not to mention your right to bear arms
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ...I've been using them for years....LoveHasNoLabeles_MSIS_zps072890dd.jpg
  • Options
    old single shotsold single shots Member Posts: 3,594
    edited November -1
    Brier-49--Good question,for which i don't have a good answer.You are right.I should change providers.Something for me to think seriously about.
  • Options
    Fep1990Fep1990 Member Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One of the reasons might be that AOL is one of the biggest or the biggest ISP out there. Where I lived a few monthsd ago on the coast, AOL was the only one available w/o long distance phone charges. AOL has a good lock on local phone numbers for several remote areas. That was the reason I had it at one time. I agree totally w/ ya though. If I have a choice between ISP's, AOL will always come in last
  • Options
    sjc1sjc1 Member Posts: 130
    edited November -1
    Take a look at www.outdoorsunlimited.net They are pro-gun and a $1.00 of your monthly service fee goes to the pro-gun organization of your choice.
  • Options
    Rafter-SRafter-S Member Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now this was a good, thought provoking post. And welcome aboard, brier-49. We need the fresh thinking.

Rafter-S

"What is truth? No wonder jesting Pilate turned away. The truth, it has a thousand faces -- show only one of them, and the whole truth flies away! But how to show the whole? That is the question."
    --Thomas Wolfe, "You Can't Go Home Again" (1934)
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And Don't forget Earthlik, Didn't Rugerniner bring this up or was it Rugster?

[img]Http://www.organicrockfarms.com/gun.gif[/img]

NRA Life Endowment Member
  • Options
    SG&A , INC.SG&A , INC. Member Posts: 88 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome to Gunbroker. Many of the posters here may not know about AOL. They do have an anti gun agenda and it should be pointed out. Thanks for bringing this up on the forum.

STAY SAFE
  • Options
    boeboeboeboe Member Posts: 3,331
    edited November -1
    I and my co-workers travel a lot and need internet access. My employer gave us the option of a free AOL account for a year, or an annual re-imbursement of $50.00 if we chose to say with our current providers. I took the $50.00. AOL is bad news.

To err is human, to moo is bovine.
  • Options
    boeboeboeboe Member Posts: 3,331
    edited November -1
    Here's another question, why does AOL have the opportunity to distribute free upgrades in US Post Offices? I see their disc there all the time. People should complain about that, particularly if the prohibit others from distributing sales smut there.

To err is human, to moo is bovine.
  • Options
    snarlgardsnarlgard Member Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    besides aol likes to lock up the tcip so that no other isp works with it

Lt. snarlgard RRG
    SMILE...MAKE EM WONDER WHAT YOUR UP TO
  • Options
    sundownersundowner Member Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:why does AOL have the opportunity to distribute free upgrades in US Post Offices?

Because they are the highest bidder?

Hasn't the USPS been privatized in the last several years??? I may be wrong, but I don't think it is an entirely gov't-run institution anymore.
  • Options
    ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    All you AOL users.. try something else.. anything else. You'll never go back.

rifle.jpg
  • Options
    DarrellDarrell Member Posts: 733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    AOL has been anti gun as has McDonald's and others. On AOL there is a gun control chat room that was taken over YEARS ago by the PRO gun crowd. Also there are gun message boards at keyword "guns"....
    Rosie O's message boards took a POUNDING from AOL PRO gun types.
  • Options
    bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    in my case i live in an area where aol is the only provider without long-distance charges.
    THAT would cost a bundle.
    AOL still sux, though.[xx(]
    barto

the hard stuff we do right away - the impossible takes a little longer
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i dont think aol can lock up an area by havingthe only tollfree numbers try juno.com outdoorsunlimited ,netfree all i can think of rite now . yes the PO is supposed to be a private co but it still follows all the gov BS redundant paperwork which is why you feel the mail is late.