In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Do you wear an earring?

Flyin_PaulieFlyin_Paulie Member Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2006 in General Discussion
A man is at work one day when he notices that his
co-worker is wearing an earring.
This man knows his co-worker to be a normally
conservative fellow and he iscurious about his sudden change in fashion sense.
The man walks up to him and says: "I didn't know you were into earrings."
"Don't make such a big deal, it's only an earring," he replies sheepishly.
His friend falls silent for a few minutes, but then his curiosity prods him to say:

"So, how long have you been wearing one?"

"Ever since my wife found it in my truck."
Jokes--cymbals.jpg

Comments

• Options
    gbeggrowgbeggrow Member Posts: 5,499
    edited November -1
    My pops made it very clear to me years ago that if I ever came home with an earring there'd be an * whoopin' waiting for me.[:D][8D]
  • Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    I could never remember. do homos wear them in the right ear or left? or both? the only time I have an ear "ring" is when I forget my hearing protection at the range

funny joke!!
  • Options
    PJPJ Member Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I actually do wear a diamomd stud in my left (correct) lobe. I got it after I retired the second time to keep my former associates (bankers) from trying to get me to come back to work.
    Pete
  • Options
    nards444nards444 Member Posts: 3,994 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    gay people do the right ear. Personally I find it un-masculine. IF you do that go all the way and wear make up
  • Options
    BT3BT3 Member Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good joke anyhow. [:)]
  • Options
    SnellstromSnellstrom Member Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Left is right and right is WRONG.
  • Options
    nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D][:)]
  • Options
    kristovkristov Member Posts: 6,633
    edited November -1
    No ear ring for me, although a few of the younger engineers wear them. We have an openly gay gentleman working for our firm, but since he does not wear an ear ring I would have no clue as to the "correct" lobe.
  • Options
    HDRIDERHDRIDER Member Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Flyin_Paulie
    A man is at work one day when he notices that his
    co-worker is wearing an earring.
    This man knows his co-worker to be a normally
    conservative fellow and he iscurious about his sudden change in fashion sense.
    The man walks up to him and says: "I didn't know you were into earrings."
    "Don't make such a big deal, it's only an earring," he replies sheepishly.
    His friend falls silent for a few minutes, but then his curiosity prods him to say:

"So, how long have you been wearing one?"

"Ever since my wife found it in my truck."
    Jokes--cymbals.jpg

NOPE!!!! My wife handles that part quite well. [:D]
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:I could never remember. do homos wear them in the right ear or left? or both? the only time I have an ear "ring" is when I forget my hearing protection at the range

that tends to always been regional, in the Midwest right ear "your gay", i went to Florida once and it was the left ear as well as BC, and of course guys are wearing them in both ears now, and some of them i don't think to many would call gay
  • Options
    knucklehead14knucklehead14 Member Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep sometimes. Man they sure wear em everywhere on the body nowdays don`t they!
  • Options
    gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
    edited November -1
  • Options
    fu007danfu007dan Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have 5 in my left ear, I did them myself, some on bets and some out of complete boredom. And people before me were right, right ear or both is gay.
  • Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    JEEZE_1.jpg
    Nyt! Nope! ... but maybe if I joined a pirate crew![:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    fu007danfu007dan Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am a pirate.........at heart, [:)] [;)]
  • Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    No.Why would I want to wear an ear ring?
  • Options
    spurgemasturspurgemastur Member Posts: 5,655 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I sort of thought the left/right thing was gone with the 80's. Anyway, mine's in the left (apparently where it is supposed to be), and I put it there myself. Because back in 1986, when I did it, there wasn't a commercial venture in MPLS that would pierce the upper portion of the ear because their insurance wouldn't cover 'cartilage' piercings.
  • Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nope, but I know how to use Cresent Sidecutters.
  • Options
    hotshoothotshoot Member Posts: 4,227
    edited November -1
    not here, and my little girls will not get theres untill there 16.....
  • Options
    tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For some reason, around age 40 (1995), got a tat, had my ear pierced, & bought a Harley. The bike is gone, I only put an earring in every couple months to keep the hole open, and I don't regret the tat. I do a lot of things....just to keep people wondering..."what's up with that guy?" Oh yea, my wife bought me a gold earring shaped like a Colt 1911....[^]
  • Options
    mondmond Member Posts: 6,458
    edited November -1
    wore one in my bikin' days ,for around 18 years of been a rebel. [}:)]then i sussed it . if i was pulled before the county judge my fine was a slapped wrist, not ?200.00.[8D][:D]
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    As I get older, my neck gets redder and I just haven't had any of my earrings in for....man, it's gotta be years, now. I had two in the left and one in the right, but I'll bet I can only get a post throught the one hole in my left lobe. It's been there since 1980.
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...anybody know where the "tradition" of men wearing earings started? I do, but I ain't tellin. It started a LONG time ago, and showed that a man had___________guess's anyone?...[;)]

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • Options
    rossowmnrossowmn Member Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No earrings for me, but many of my best friends wear them (of course, they're women).[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ...and NO I don't. I have nothing against them though.
    Any guess's yet? c'mone ya'll, I know somebody knows where this got started. A hint: It showed others that a man had accomplished something...[;)]

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • Options
    EndlssEndlss Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It showed that a man had been around the world on a ship.
    I have one in each ear.
  • Options
    NOTPARSNOTPARS Member Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As a teacher I see lots of males with ear-rings. For them its just a fad. I never followed what the herd myself, so fads never interested me. I think its amusing when middle aged guys like myself copy the kids...ear rings, piercings...tattoos, etc...something new always comes along.

A friend once told me never to do anything that requires an attorney or plastic surgeon to fix.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,410 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:MVP Posted
    No.Why would I want to wear an ear ring?

What MVP said.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Endlss correct! A sign that a sailor had crossed the equator...I guess the other proof, the sun burn, wore off before they could get back to port...[:D]

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    Nope ... Just another thing to snag and get torn out when I'm in a tight space. I get enough "piercings" involuntarily.
  • Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    FCD - yeppers - earplugs (external) - a lot of my 20 year old's
    friends have them.

I hate to draw the line ... but that's right below a bone in the
    nose - or fascial scarring![:0][:0][:0]

Thank God my kids haven't gone that way .. and upon threat
    of being written out of the will - will continue to show some
    self-restraint.[:(!]
    chewtwigzz.gif
  • Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bloviator
    Endlss correct! A sign that a sailor had crossed the equator...I guess the other proof, the sun burn, wore off before they could get back to port...[:D]

ani-texas-flag.gif

I had always heard that it was worn by sailors who sailed around Cape Horn south america. Some of the most treacherous waters to those old ships.
  • Options
    texdottexdot Member Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Back in the 70's my little sister was in high school and she wanted to pierce her ears and our dad said,"sure you can,right after we put a bone in your nose and paint you black."
    Boy,things sure have changed. No,I would never have one,my neck
    is too red also.
  • Options
    Young Ns GirlYoung Ns Girl Member Posts: 348 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My dad went through rehab and sobered up almost 18 years ago. One of the girls in there peirced his ear for him and he has had an earing ever since.

The ones I don't get are the streched holes that FCD mentioned, and the new surgical implants...they are little balls inserted under the skin...yuk

I did see on tv a guy had a big metal zipper surgically attached to his skin[xx(]
  • Options
    bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    Long time ago when I had long hair I had an ear ring in my left ear and thought it was cool. Now I have neither Earring nor Hair!
  • Options
    CHGOTHNDERCHGOTHNDER Member Posts: 8,936 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jeez, I have earrings older than most of you narrow minded macho men.[}:)] As 1911 correctly stated, there is no standard for which ear means you are gay. I think if you oppose earrings on men you are certainly gay and over compensating. The trend tends to be regional whether left or right. MVP is correct, the old tradition among sailors, started by the Portugese, was a gold ring in the right ear, intended to pay for burying you if you washed up on a beach somewhere, and done the first time you rounded "the Horn." Thus, by tradition, we salts wears 'em in our right lobes, iffn we still have right lobes.
  • Options
    Flyin_PaulieFlyin_Paulie Member Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The next time I post something like this I will make sure I label it "JOKE" for some of you out there..[:D][:D]
    kilroy.jpg
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buck up Paulie, not every guy can get a flaming folder for posting a joke!