In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

My election dilemma

DieHard4DieHard4 Member Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
It's almost just like 08 all over again. Ammo prices are rising, sold out everywhere, and just when I need some .223. Probably so with guns as well, I just haven't looked since I'm not in a position to buy.

So in 08 we had a choice. Nobody wanted Obama, but nobody wanted Mccain either. Ron Paul was the only good choice. Problem was that Ron Paul wasn't on the ticket, so we had to decide between voting for Obama, voting for Mccain to keep Obama from being elected, and writing in Ron Paul because that is who we really wanted to win. And Obama wins.

Now it's 12, and we have a choice. Nobody wants Obama, and nobody wants Romney either. Ron Paul is the only good choice. Problem is that he won't be on the ticket, I think, so we are stuck with the same issue. Vote Obama, and the country ends in 4 years or less. Vote Romney to keep the country alive for at least 4 years, but likely less than 8. Or write in Ron Paul, because that is the only person we really want. But somehow I do believe, Obama is still going to win.

So we fight and we war amongst ourselves. Vote Romney to keep Obama out. If enough people forget Romney and vote Ron Paul, we keep Obama and Romney out. To me, Obama and Romney are one in the same. The only real hope is Ron Paul.

But people can't see it. People won't change. They are stuck in this either or situation. Voting for the lesser of two evils. Even still, evil is still evil.

What it all comes down to I suppose, is do you want the country to end in 4 years, or 8? I wish I had written in Ron Paul last time. I voted Mccain to keep Obama out. And it failed. So why should I possibly try the same thing again, and still have Obama win? I am and have been set ever since my failure in 08 to write in Ron Paul this time.

But I have 1 reason and 1 reason only why I might at the very last second make the decision to vote for Romney, and that is just because I know Obama is on his last term. He has done enough already, but I am convinced he is saving his worst for last. Because now he has a chance at 4 more years, and he is free to do whatever he wants, without any consequences.

The end is coming. That I am sure. The only thing I cannot say is when. Perhaps the time is not here to choose the lesser of the evils, but to prepare for the inevitable.

Comments

• Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DieHard4
    It's almost just like 08 all over again.

I am thinking Jimmy Carter[:D]
  • Options
    4627046270 Member Posts: 12,627
    edited November -1
    I think we need to kick the king out, spending is out of control.
    someone needs to stop the attack on our own energy.
    coal, oil, obamacare is killing job growth, no one wants to
    hire more people because the taxes are going to kill their companies.
    really do you have to think it over.
    our rights are being fought over, we have a king that apologizes to everyone, and he bows to everyone.
    we need to get on the right track, we sure arent heading in the right direction,
  • Options
    MudderChuckMudderChuck Member Posts: 4,105
    edited November -1
    This will probably get bumped over to "Politics" pretty quick. But generally speaking Obama is trying to take the nation to the same place that Greece and Spain are at now. It is arrogance pure and simple, you watch other people screw it up and are convinced you can do it better.

Obamanism is going to breed Obamunists until he gets his Obamnation and eventually it will collapse on itself. Maybe the Chinese or the Saudis will be forced to bail out the U.S.

If nothing else Romney is likely to get the U.S. to producing again and spur growth.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    It's a self-induced dilemma. Anyone capable of logic and reason can see where Obama's policies are taking us or know Ron Paul has absolutely NO CHANCE of winning thus returning Obama to the White House.

At this stage, anyone who doesn't vote for Romney is part of the problem.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    remember what he told the russian prez, one I am elected I can do more.
    I suggest you go see 2016, really watch the movie, may open your eyes
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I still think obama is going to try some crap at the last to stop an election, if he see's he is going to lose.
    coup early, his ideas are surely killing this country.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,376 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    No sense dragging this out any further than it needs to be.