In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anyone heard from Brownie (46270)???

FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
He hasn't posted for awhile and am wondering if he's OK.

Comments

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,666 ******
    edited November -1
    I think ECC knows him and maybe jacob.
  • Options
    LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had some correspondence with him the later part of October, he was having some problems with his computer and was trying to right it.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    There is such a thing as a phone...use it once in a while...you might be surprised at what comes out of the other end....

Most ppl on here know each others names..and the city where they live...pick up the phone...call...

If you dont know the persons name etc, then they dont want it known, but someone usually has it...ask them to call...

its so simple...
  • Options
    Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You know, I never did get a reply back asking if he wanted more magazines.
  • Options
    ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BlackRoses
    There is such a thing as a phone...use it once in a while...you might be surprised at what comes out of the other end....

Most ppl on here know each others names..and the city where they live...pick up the phone...call...

If you dont know the persons name etc, then they dont want it known, but someone usually has it...ask them to call...

its so simple...

You provided such a wealth of useful information, what would we do without you?!
  • Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ruger270man

its so simple...

You provided such a wealth of useful information, what would we do without you?!

I have to agree.[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1

its so simple...

A simple yes or no would have been suffice. "He that places himself neither higher nor lower than he ought to do exercises the truest humility" (Charles Caleb Colton). Humility when used once in a awhile is a powerful virtue.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:ruger270man
    Advanced Member

USA
    8978 Posts
    Posted - 11/30/2008 : 10:24:15 PM

quote:
    Originally posted by BlackRoses

its so simple...

You would have to think once in a while, and I am not sure ya'll are capable of that...
  • Options
    tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    roses, would you call brownie and see how he is...or you could just call the cops and have them check on him[:o)][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:ruger270man
    Advanced Member

USA
    8978 Posts
    Posted - 11/30/2008 : 10:24:15 PM

quote:
    Originally posted by BlackRoses

its so simple...

You would have to think once in a while, and I am not sure ya'll are capable of that...

What a jerk.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:tomahawk
    Advanced Member

USA
    3624 Posts
    Posted - 12/01/2008 : 06:27:37 AM

roses, would you call brownie and see how he is...or you could just call the cops and have them check on him

I will call no one, nor will I have the police do a check on ANYONE, and I really dont care who emails me and asks for help...they wont get it anymore...
    I went out of my way after being emailed by a few ppl, and what did I get?...not a thank you thats for sure, called names?...yep,....and a few other things besides...
  • Options
    Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Advanced Member

USA
    3624 Posts

roses, would you call brownie and see how he is...or you could just call the cops and have them check on him

I will call no one, nor will I have the police do a check on ANYONE, and I really dont care who emails me and asks for help...they wont get it anymore...
    I went out of my way after being emailed by a few ppl, and what did I get?...not a thank you thats for sure, called names?...yep,....and a few other things besides...

Wow..
    thats uh..
    wow..

Not to be rude, but have you ever heard of "If you dont have something nice to say, dont say anything at all"

And dont EVEN say THEY called you names first. Be the bigger man.. er.. wait

woman. sorry [B)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jacob2008
    Advanced Member

USA
    3624 Posts

Wow..
    thats uh..
    wow..

Not to be rude, but have you ever heard of "If you dont have something nice to say, dont say anything at all"

And dont EVEN say THEY called you names first. Be the bigger man.. er.. wait

woman. sorry [B)]

Good one young Jacob. Tomahawk, you did an excellent job raising the lad. [^]
  • Options
    kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1

don't be so bitter, to hell with other people. If you ever feel the need to check the well being of someone you are concerned with, do it!
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am talking to him now.

Back in a minute.

Edit: His computer took a dump, and he is still having problems big time with his back. He was on the way back from the Va in Gainesville when his cell phone dropped me.

I CAN say that he is still with us though.
    I also told him that several folks were concerned about him,.....hope this helps.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    I am talking to him now.

Back in a minute.

Edit: His computer took a dump, and he is still having problems big time with his back. He was on the way back from the Va in Gainesville when his cell phone dropped me.

I CAN say that he is still with us though.
    I also told him that several folks were concerned about him,.....hope this helps.

Many thanks Mark ... you're a good person. God bless!
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Feenix,....you have mail, and I am off to work![;)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    Feenix,....you have mail, and I am off to work![;)]

Cheers! Don't work too hard.[:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for your effort Mark, I've sent emails to both addresses I have but if he's still having computer issues there just floating around in cyberspace wasteland.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just heard from Brownie and he's slowly getting his computing problems remedied and he asked me to say hello to all!

It's nice to get some good news for a change, it's been kind of sucky so far this year.
  • Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Advanced Member

USA
    3624 Posts

Wow. Do us all a favor before you post again, go flush the sand out of your Va-JJ.[:D]
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by LaidbackDan
    I just heard from Brownie and he's slowly getting his computing problems remedied and he asked me to say hello to all!

It's nice to get some good news for a change, it's been kind of sucky so far this year.

Cool! Thanks for the update.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,380 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the update, glad to hear he's still kicking.