In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Genuine Gun Question

Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,859 ***** Forums Admin
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I know this should probably over in "Experts", but this place gets more traffic so here goes:

A neighbor of mine is having an estate sale for his mom and looking over there today I see two Remington shotguns. One is a model 10, the other a model 11. Both 12 guages. The wood on either is not too bad, I would rate it at 70%+. The metal on both has some rust from storage which will leave some pitting I'm sure, once cleaned. Overall bluing(original?)is 70%-80%.
He wants $250.00 each. Sorry I didn't check barrel lengths, or chokes and I know that affects value. Buy or run? TIA for opinions.

Comments

• flyingcolumnflyingcolumn Member Posts: 374 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • A J ChristA J Christ Member Posts: 7,534
    edited November -1
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd say buy 'em. Over on the auction side the Model 10's were going for around that price and more and the Model 11's a lot more. I was at an estate sale today too but the gun deals were not that great so I passed on a marlin .30/30 that was really beat up that the guy wanted $280 and a Rohm .22 for $175[:0]
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,859 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys, I was surprised the guy was pricing them so cheap, seemed to me anyway, but what do I know. He has a 1876 Winchester that if I remember correctly is 40-65. The thing is rustier than 'ell, the front sight is gone, and the magazine support is brazed to the bottom of the barrel. He tells me "The book says that is worth a thousand dollars in junk condition." So there he has that thing today priced at $1000.00[xx(]