In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Free money

Smokeeater 38Smokeeater 38 Member Posts: 2,735
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I'm not giving it away sorry. [:p]

I just turned in my change it has been 6-8 months since I last did it. I got $212.06, YEA [:D]

I put all my change(coin) money in a separate savings account. This is my fun money. I' saving for a Glock 22 now. It's up to $372.44 so far. I think I may slip a little more in to it to speed things along.

Get the job done and come home safe guys.

I rush in where others flee.

Comments

• Smokeeater 38Smokeeater 38 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    There was a pursuit here in So Cal the other day of 2 drug suspects down the freeway in San Diego.

They threw over $100,000 in cash out the window onto the freeway during the chase. Some of the chase was on the local news. A whole bunch of people stopped on the freeway for free cash.

There is still many thousands of dollars that was not recovered. The DEA is threatening people who picked up cash with arrest if they do not turn it in.

They say there is photo evidence from the highway to aid in identifying poeple who took home money. That reminds me of the movie Grease when 3 of Travolta's buddies mooned the TV cameras during the prom and the school principal announced that the FBI could somehow identify their butts, hoping they will turn themselves in........ I call BULL SH*#.

The only poeple who "might" be identified as those who were filmed close up by TV cameras gathering bills off the pavement.

If its drug money, I say let the people have it. The only "victim" is the federal govt, and screw'em.
  • jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
    edited November -1
    I worked in a factory to suplement farming for 11 years. Each night I would come home and drop all my change into a 5 gallon glass jug. It was almost to the top one time and my wife said it was time to cash the change in and do something with it. I agreed so I went over to pick up the jug . I knew it would be heavy but I was in for a suprise! The jug had 2 handles near the top like a wine jug so I grabbed one with each hand and lifted upwards. It came up so easy I almost fell over backwards. The bottom of the jug stayed on the floor and the change spilled out. You could not have taken a saw and cut the bottom off any straighter. Seems that the change dropping into the jug had create a crack all the way around the bottom! My wife laughed at me till she cried at the look on my face. I got smarter after that and got a plastic one. When it got full, I could not pick it up. We took all the pennies and put them into another 5 gal. plastic jug. When our mobile home burnt in 85, the pennies melted into a big mess. To this day I have some silver change that melted down into a glob from that fire. Change does add up, till you have kids![;)]

"we are but men... no more, no less..."