In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Anyone from Kentucky?

Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Well the Illinois post kind of took on a life of its own, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I am stationed at Fort Campbell, Kentucky, and if you are close to here, we have some good hunting prospects, better range opportunities, and the best free beer offers in the world.

Here's the deal. No push-ups required. If you are within driving distance, and want a FREE MEAL, I am offering to buy if you can show up at G's Pancake House here in Clarksville, TN on Saturday morning... or if you can't make it on SAT, heck, I'll buy on SUN as well.

Anyone interested?

NSDQ!

"Many free countries have lost their liberty, and ours may lose hers; but if she shall, be it my proudest plume, not that I was the last to desert; but that I never deserted her." -President Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• dipitsdipits Member Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks NIGHT STALKER but I don't ever get there. If you ever are in Lebanon I will buy.
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    JJmitchell is a Kentuckian.

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • skipjackoneskipjackone Member Posts: 208 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And so is I.
    [^]
  • jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
    edited November -1
    Yes I am from KY but sometimes that is not a good thing![;)] Tad bit too far from Campbell though to take you up on the offer but I do appreciate it. I make down to Fort Canpbell about 2 times a year with a friend of mine who buys a lot of military surplus from the base. I am 35-45 miles NE of Lexington.

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    Rita Mae Brown
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Do they still have the Oasis Bar down on College Street in Clarksville?
    There were three bars all connected, with just a wall seperating them.
    I used to Own the Oasis ,Back when I was a Drill Sgt at Campbell..

Havent been there in 30 yrs so dont know if its still there.

animatflip.gif

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • SLIDER-in-KYSLIDER-in-KY Member Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Night Stalker, I am only about 30 minutes away from you. I live in Russellville. Ever been there? Sorry, but I won't be able to take you up on that offer at the Pancake House this weekend. This is my weekend to work Fri, Sat, and Sun with EMS.

EMSParamedic.gif
    I'm clear, you're clear, everybody's clear...SHOCK!!!
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    Well, it sure is great to hear from you all, so please do not hesitate to drop me an email when you venture wwaaaaayyyy up/over/down-here during that annual trip to Fort Campbell. Look forward to some Beer and Brats with some GB Members some time soon.

Classic. The Oasis is no more. There is a "new" Oasis" on 41A, but it is more of a Latino club. I've never been there, but have a soldier who told me it is the "bomb", so I plan on staying away, since I've had enough close calss with explosives over the past few years!

NSDQ!

"Many free countries have lost their liberty, and ours may lose hers; but if she shall, be it my proudest plume, not that I was the last to desert; but that I never deserted her." -President Abraham Lincoln
    edited November -1
    Hey NS----Do you ever go to that place on post that has the Schnitzel (not real sure how to spell it)? Can't remember the name..is it the Sportsman's Lounge or something. Best stuff I have ever eaten!! I go with my uncle about once a month.

EMSParamedic.gif
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    Slider,

It is the Sportsmans Lodge, and they have award winning German cuisine. Give me a holler next time your up in the area if your interested.

NSDQ!

edited November -1
    Sounds like a plan to me!!! I'll let you know a few days in advance.

EMSParamedic.gif
  • LABWILDLABWILD Member Posts: 506 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I live about 20 miles west of Lexington in Mercer County. I am a Rural Mail Carrier and Saturday is a work day. The wife already has Sunday planned, but maybe I could make it at some future date. It is good to learn about Kentuckians on GB.
  • heathheath Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rineyville checking in(Fort Knox area).Sorry,already have plans.Might be heading down your way later this year.Have a friend w/ the Special Ops that should be getting back soon.
  • jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
    edited November -1
    LABWILD, do you know anyone in your area that does Mountain man/Rev War reenactments? I have some friends in your area. One lives in the Burgin area.

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    Rita Mae Brown