In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Can little ole girl use a crossbow?

babybearbabybear Member Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I like archery, but have a hard time with a regular bow. Is a crossbow any easier?....B.B

Comments

• ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Crossbows take all the fun out of archery, and in Pennsylvania, not sure about where you live, you can only hunt with a crossbow if you are disabled.

What are you having trouble with? Perhaps a bow with a lighter draw weight would be better if thats the problem, until you gain more strength.

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
    edited November -1
    Yes if you can cock it! I am crossbow excempt in my state so I can use a crossbow during all of the archery season. I am excempt due to medical reasons. If you buy a cross bow, be sure you get one that offers a cocking device to help in cocking it. Mine is a 150 pound pull but I use a pully style cocking device. Also if you cannot handle a bow due to your size or not being strong enough in the arms, a 50 pound draw bow will take deer quite well and some of the bows on the market today have a 85% let off past breaking point. On a 50 pound pull bow with a 85% let off, you are only holding 15 pounds of pressure at full draw! There are others on here that can better tell you about newer bows, I have not used a regular bow since 1988!

"we are but men... no more, no less..."