In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Any of you have to do Six S at work?

paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
We had our audit today, what a joke!!! Management is going through the motions to make it look good but when it comes down to helping us improve some things, forget it!!!

pa.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
This was the Ancient law of Youth
Old times are past, old times are done:
But the Law runs true, O little son!

Comments

• Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    What is "Six S" ?

NSDQ!

"Many free countries have lost their liberty, and ours may lose hers; but if she shall, be it my proudest plume, not that I was the last to desert; but that I never deserted her." -President Abraham Lincoln
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Six Sigma training yeah I had it bored me to tears. Good luck Pa.
  • reb8600reb8600 Member Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Isnt it a joke. They say it will help make things more efficient but it has taken away all the things we need to do our job and added unnecessary things. They have done nothing but made production go to he**. They should have left things alone.

Guncontrol-The ability to hit what your aiming at.
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    Can you describe the basis of the training? A short definition or example of how it is suppossed to work? I've never heard of it.

NSDQ!

"Many free countries have lost their liberty, and ours may lose hers; but if she shall, be it my proudest plume, not that I was the last to desert; but that I never deserted her." -President Abraham Lincoln
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    We do 5-S. Lots of work, and we throw away stuff we will need in the next few weeks. Last time we threw away an extra CNC Mill table off of the machine carosel. Two months later, we purchased a replacement one at $16,000.00

Smart move!

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Yeah, we through away thousands of dollars of dies, 2 months ago as we were not going to make those patterns any more!!! Guess what patterns they decided to reintroduce!!! Them dies weren't cheap!!![:(!]

pa.gif

• offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Basically, it's a rehash, a repackaging of total quality management. It's a way of introducing quality control and customer service to people who are resistant to it, used to shooting from the hip, doing what is fun rather than what needs to get done, and sweeping stuff under the rug. It's suppoed to be "cool" and references things like "black belt." Woooooooo.

People had the same reaction to the ISO9000 stuff, which was also a formalized version of quality management with lots of paperwork to make everybody accountable who would not be responsible any other way. I guess if your people won't subscribe to quality out of self-respect and a desire for 100% customer satisfaction, it's one way to get some improvement.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    Iusually get by with doing the 3-S's before work and a lot of BS at work! GHD
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    If ya can't dazzle them with brilliance, you can always baffle them with bull snot!!!

pa.gif

• BlackieBoogerBlackieBooger Member Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Six-Sigma something the Japanese firms practice and American firms think they do. That's why American cars are inferior to Japanese cars on quality.

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, not liberty to purchase power."
    Benjamin Franklin, 1785
    123div.gif