In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Second annual game feed tonight.

cowdoccowdoc Member Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭
edited December 2004 in General Discussion
This is the last day of pheasant season and ect...as of last year me and the kids go bird hunting and fix up a supper of pheasant mashed potatoes and gravy. Got three roosters right of the bat then I thought I seen a couple prairie chickens get up out of some wheat stubble and fly into some corn stocks, started to walking out where I thought they landed and off to my right about a 100 yds aprox 100 of them got up, didn't get a shot at them watched where they flew and tried to sneak up on then, walking into the wind and they got up about 100 yds away again....grrrrrr should have took along the 22-250 and head shot a couple I guess. Pheasant, prairie chicken, spuds and gravy makes a heck of a supper and makes for a good end to the year.[:D]

Hope you all have a good new year
Doc

Comments

• Options
    Hylander50Hylander50 Member Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a great dinner to me. Enjoy it. It sounds like you really earned it.

Happy New Year to you too. [:)]

Hylander

"I choose battles I believe to be just."
  • Options
    soopsoop Member Posts: 4,633
    edited November -1
    You`ve got it made.
  • Options
    cowdoccowdoc Member Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Damn, that was good eating. [:D]
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    how big are prarie chickens

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • Options
    plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    Cowdoc

I went out for a couple of hours yesterday. They were either so wild we could not get up on them or holding so tight that it was a Charmin moment when they did get up. So came home empty handed[:I] But my dog loved it and worked like a champ so it was her day ( and a darn nice afternoon for me)

New Years Day was always the day my Dad and I would make the last hunt of the season. Miss that guy. We had some great -30F hunts!!!

Happy New Year.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin,

In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved.
    Franklin D. Roosevelt