In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

NEW RELOADING EQUIP! Worth the cost!

groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I got my birthday present a couple days early today! It's one of the RCBS TrimMate Case Prep Centers. Spinning primer pocket brushes and inside and outside deburring cutters and stationary case neck brushes. I just did 10 cases using my old method and 10 cases using the electric gizmo and using the RCBS center saved 2 minutes 1 second over the old method....on 10 cases! I love this thing already! GHD

Comments

• Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You're gonna get lazy! I'm still waiting for the electronic powder dispenser and scale my wife promised me[V]

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Happy B Day GHD [:)] Gota love it when new tools makes life easy!

gun1.gif
    "If you aim at nothing,
    you will be sure to hit it"
    hsas371x48.gif
    Santa_Cruz.gif
    [img][/img]
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    7mm,..I got the Pact digital trickler and scale combo and it has cut my loading time in THIRDS!!!!!!! I love this thing.

Charlie,..now get the power case trimmer and see how fast things go. Gotta love a tool that works AND saves time!!

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?
  • 4wheeler4wheeler Member Posts: 3,441
    edited November -1
    JustC,what did the combo cost? I want one when I start reloading.

"Keep dangereous weapons out of the hands of fools-start with computers"
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Gee with all that new equipment you ought to be able to send me some of the old stuff!!![:D]

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
    edited November -1
    4wheeler,..I beleive it was right around $380 for the pair,..but it is worth every penny if you load in any volume of for different calibers. Just like the case prep station GHD is talking about. time saved on the menial processes,..is time spent on the trigger!!

Got Balistics?
  • 4wheeler4wheeler Member Posts: 3,441
    edited November -1
    I need a second job[:D]

"Keep dangereous weapons out of the hands of fools-start with computers"
  • groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    JUstC, I haven't sprung for the digital-electronic dispenser yet. That might be awile! The RCBS measure with the micrometer dial handles Varget, Benchmark, H-414, and Reloader 19 with enough precision for hunting loads and the Belding & Mull handles the 3031,4350,4831 stuff well. If I'm loading for match purposes or small R&D batches, I'll still trickle every individual charge. But at least the Case Prep Center will give me more time for that!!! GHD
    edited November -1
    Charlie,..after you calibrate the scale with the check weights (1 minute maybe) you dump in the powder and hit calibrate button on the trickler,..and it dumps from the fast tube and the slow tube intermittently up to about 150gr +\- while it stops to record it's data several times. After that,..you dump the powder back into the tube,..and program in the load. the damn thing throws 95gr charges in like 25seconds!!!!!! it throws extruded charges in 30sec or so,..up to 70grs or more. It sometimes jumps over by a few .010",.but you just dip them out,..and go. This thing is accurate,..and fast. While it is weighing a charge,..I am seating a bullet and checking for runout. The whole trickle and wait step is eliminated. I would say that at this point,..this is one of the absolute best investments I have on the bench.

BTW,..your birthday is tomorrow (grin)

Got Balistics?
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    JustC, I have heard that slight breezes will throw the scale off, true of false? Tax check will be here this week and I have a small[;)] order ready to go at Midway and I'm thinking about accidentaly adding one of those to the order. I have seen several and while i try to be loyal to RCBS I notice Lyman has one with a cover for the scale. Is that cover necassary?

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • temblortemblor Member Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm with groundhog on the case prep center -- had one for about a year and it works great.-- Before you by the RCBS powder dispenser/trickler/scale take a look at the New Lyman unit that has both built into the same housing -- They are on sale at Natchezss.com right now for 228.00
    I used the RCBS model that a friend had last year while loading varmit rounds for the upcoming spring for both of us and spent alot of time with it. They claim that is within + or - of 0.1 of one grain. I checked it repeatedly against a laboratory quality scale and found it to be regularly + or - 0.2 to 0.3 of a grain.-- I can do that well with a good dump powder measure. --- Just food for thought
    good luck......[8D].
    edited November -1
    7mm,...I think a direct breeze is more what the talk is about. The word is to NOT have them near air venst or A/C units,...or fans,..etc. If you already have a digital scale,..wave you hand over top it it quickly,...you will see it register the weight of the air you forced against it.

I load in my room with no fan,..and not near the central air/heat vent. I havn't noticed fluctuations in the readings at all. I think a lot of it is BS,..but that could just be me. As long as you don't have it in a direct air flow,..you are fine.

Oh yeah,..and the new ones are super fast,..and BTW,..Pact makes all of RCBS' scales anyway[;)]

Got Balistics?
  • plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    Boy do I want that case prep set up!!

I got a Lymann powder dispenser and scale for Christmas (I always buy my own Christmas presents[:D]) What a dream machine.