In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Cutting the white rug ---- No Dak style

plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
What a great day. Fired up the tractor and blew snow from behind my house as we could get a Chinnook wind any day and this snow could melt temporarly away and cause a mess in my house. Nothing like a motors, machinery and a shovel and some muscles

Then with the required work done Heidi dog (my lab) and I blew out of here and went to the badlands with the snowmobile to meet my partner and his three year old. Snow was DEEP! for the Little Missouri River and powder was the word. Neighbors were cutting cotton wood for the wood burner and a good time was had by all. Saw a few deer and pheasants were out on the road in this balmy 20+ degree weather. Carried the .223 bolt with me but no coyotes came to meet their maker. Lots of deer sign, they are working hard to stay fed in this long winter.

The Chateau (our hunting cabin) was warm and secure.

Not one hitch. My dog got a work out, I got a work out, and clear black sky on the way home with all those stars you can see when far from city lights.

Now it is time to go wipe the gun dry and a little lube to keep the rust away. Can not complain about a day like this. Too bad tomorrow brings back the reality of that four letter word 'work'