In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Won't See This on US News Media (C&P)

HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Nablus - A group of armed Jewish settlers stormed and wreaked havoc in the town of Orif in the Nablus district assaulting citizens and destroying their property.

Villagers said that settlers in the Yitshar settlement established on lands of five Palestinian villages to the south of Nablus city stormed the village amidst intensified and indiscriminate firing of live bullets and teargas canisters.

Zionist army soldiers interfered and assisted the settlers through imposing a curfew on the town, the villagers reported.

They said that settlers returned at night and wreaked havoc anew and tried to burn a number of houses but citizens foiled the attempt. Settlers, however, managed to burn a number of cars.

Another group of settlers attacked Palestinian shepherds near the village of Tobas also in the Nablus district and prevented their sheep from grazing in the area.

Eyewitnesses said that the settlers beat up the shepherds and warned them against approaching the area.

Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain.

Comments

• 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    thier is alot of things the media doesnt show and what the american public doesnt know about?such as how peru and ecquador have been at war with each other for years.[?]

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    SEMPER FI
  • HeavyBarrelHeavyBarrel Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    .............And despite this and a few other examples Isralies are not 1/10 the evil j-offs
    the palestienians are.
  • HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    Heavy Barrel: You made a statement; can you support it with anything other than your opinion? I would be most interested in learning. Thank you. [}:)]

• dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The reason you will not find it on the news is.... and get this... It is not news....
    "Dog licks self in public." Also not news because it happens all the time and you can not change it.
    "Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
    edited November -1
    Do not know much nor care about the conflict over there. Just my opinion, most that do study the conflict support Isreal so I am with them, If I cared more I would research myself.
    edited November -1
    Heavy Barrel: Then, sir, your opinion really doesn't matter much, does it, since there is no thought underneath it. [}:)] People who just follow others without thinking are usually identified as "sheeple". [}:)]

edited November -1
    Heavy Barrel: Please conduct yourself as an adult. Thank you.

edited November -1
    I am no "sheep" look a-hole, I don't care about the alestineans or the isrealies enough to care, the little research i have done and common knowlege about the situation leads to one general rule-palestineans are loosers who TARGET women and children while the isralies sometimes strike back at them.
    edited November -1
    Heavy Barrel: quote:the little research i have done I agree completely.

edited November -1
    Little, meaning "less than you" but the diffrence is I HAVE NO AGENDA. You might know more but you are extremly biased, I am not. also i have seen other posts from those that know as much as you and they see it my way.
    edited November -1
    Heavy Barrel: I am impressed that you agree with others who see it your way--wow!!--what a stroke of careful evaluation. And why is that so important to you? From what I've seen, only the young worry about the opinions of others.

For a wholesome change, please try looking at the entire situation; and then do your own thinking and evaluating. You just might surprise yourself--and end up not worrying about what others might think. Good luck.[;)]

• steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hairy, Heavy barrel has scored a point. Your extreme bias makes all your posts suspect. I remember a time when the palestinians were blowing up buses left and right and you said NOTHING. Then the Isrealis killed some innocent palestinians in a rocket attack and there you were calling them murderers. Its obvious to all of us that you see only one side. And like all issues there are two sides to the story.
    edited November -1
    There is still no need for name calling. Hariry is right as far as that goes. Keep it polite please. I do not agree with Hairy but at least he s gentlemanly about his post.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
    edited November -1
    I don't look for little tidbets here and there to back to back up my bias , I start out open minded and see where it goes, unfortunetly for you and other palestineans supporters, I will not tolerate murderous indiscrminate "suicide bombings" which target the innocent. When you add it all up the palestineans acts of violence are far and away more egregious, the palestineans despite knowing where to find Isralie soldiers will still target civilians women, children or otherwise, the palestinean aggressors are not so easily found so every now and then innocent palestineans will get hurt in thier pursuit of the palestinean agressors but at least they are not the targets MOST of the time, where Isralie civilains ARE the target MOST of the time. Untill random acts of egregious, murderous "suicide bombings" are not tolerated by thier own people and untill the palestineans "elect" leaders who do not support "terrorism" which arafat cleary does then most Americans will continue to support Isreal and detest the palestineans.
    edited November -1
    By the way I have deleted my post calling HAIRY a "*" this issue needs as much maturity as possible-My BAD[:)].
    edited November -1
    HeavyBarrel: Unfortunately, the media does not always present an accurate picture. For example, the married woman who blew up herself and 4 Israelis was initially carried by the press as "4 Israelis killed." It took about 3 days before that the "rest of the story" came out--she killed 4 Israeli soldiers at a checkpoint. But, the impression given by the article and the media, was that "innocent Israelis" were killed. Of course people would be upset if that were the case, but it wasn't. Moreover, most people are not aware that the Western reports are censored by the Israelis--who are careful to ensure that "their" point of view is portrayed.

My intent in focusing on the Palestinian side is to try bring somewhat of a balance the one-sidedness that takes place. From what I've seen, people are initially unwilling to hear it. But every once in a while, some of it does begin to shed more light on this complex issue.

I posted a long article, written by a Jew, trying to convey what the State of Israel under Zionism is becoming. Don't know if you've read it, but I recommend it as a means to see the entire picture.

BTW, I was a typical American in supporting Israel--that is, until I was assigned to the American Embassy in Cairo, Egypt in 1974. That experience changed my understanding of the situation and caused me to be more sympathetic to the Palestinians. Most Americans who served in the Middle East and get around in the country, I suspect, are not so fervent a supporter of Israel either.

• steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And the Palestinian habit of blowing up civilian buses. Is that an honorable act of war or an accident? Also Hairy where do you get these "news" stories? I constantly laugh at people who quote the World News Daily off the internet. Its nothing more than a right wing enquirer filled with half truths and lies. Are you quoting an Arab world news daily? If so all your reporting would be suspect. You say you were posted to Egypt. How many times did the Isrealis attack Egypt during your stay? Would an Isreali citizen be safe in Egypt? Would an Egyptian citizen be safe in Isreal? Are you capable of unbiased reporting?
    edited November -1
    Steve45: quote: You say you were posted to Egypt. How many times did the IsrealAnd the Palestinian habit of blowing up civilian buses. Is that an honorable act of war or an accident? Also Hairy where do you get these "news" stories?is attack Egypt during your stay? Would an Isreali citizen be safe in Egypt? Would an Egyptian citizen be safe in Isreal? Are you capable of unbiased reporting?My sojourn in Egypt was 1974-1977, during which time President Sadat was instrumental in making the overtures toward peace with Israel. Golda Mier was quoted as saying at the time, "We know how to wage war, we don't know how to wage peace." (Sadat was assassinated for his efforts by the Muslim Brotherhood.)

I'm surprised at the willingness of people to put human lives on different scales--certainly, it is terrible that innocent Israelis die in a sucide bombing, by why is it apparently okay if innocent Palestinians die during the almost daily routine Israeli incursions into the Occupied Territories--without comment?

The news sources I cite are multiple: some are Arab, some are Israeli, some British, some AP, UPI, Reuters. I know of NO news source that is impeccable--in truthfulness, balance, and completeness in its reporting, do you? BTW, even the Enquirer prints the truth sometimes, doesn't it?

I have no reason to believe that Israeli citizens who follow the law (not engaged in spying or terrorism) have to fear anything in Egypt; the same would be true for Egyptians in Israel, I suspect.

With reference to bias, please let me know the name of that superb human being who has no bias. Would you complain about the bias of Winston Churchill against Adolf Hitler? Please keep in mind that bias does not mean the comment is untrue; it merely means that the writer is speaking/writing from a known point of view. One can accept what is said, duly discounting the bias. One is in more danger of being deceived by someone claiming to be "fair and balanced" because the comments are not critically examined.[}:)]

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Can you blame them, Hairy???? I would too, if I had Arabs coming into my community almost daily and blowing up my kids and family!!!!

Eric

All American Arms Company

Veteran Owned and Operated
    edited November -1
    ECC: What's this "almost daily" bs? Please provide data sources for the "almost daily" bombings.

Now, if on the other hand, you are talking about the Israelis killing Palestinians daily, I can provide you with the data for that. BTW, these Palestinians are not bombers--they are young and old, men and women, children at home, etc.

It is amazing how so many people have bought into the discrimination regarding the value of human life; it is, for some reason, placed on different scales--if it's Israeli death, oh what a shame; if it's Arab, well, they deserve it.[:(]

edited November -1
    By the way, If you are young or old you are not bombers? What then are you when you strap a bomb on and go and kill as many as you can (and remember the more the better) then what are you? Just my opinion. Don.

• plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    6000 years and going strong: "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth."

One kills someones child so the other goes out and kills two of the other sides. But who knows who killed who first?

Does it matter? No what matters is who will stop the killing first and will the other side let them live in peace? With these two groups -- probably never. Sad, but probably never.