In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Eye drop recomendations wanted

Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
What is a good eye drop for red burning puss running dried up eyes? Lack of sleep the last 3 weeks and a cold is wreaking havok on my eyes, They get cloudy, watery, burn and when I'm sleeping the get welded shut by the puss that is drying on them. During the day I scarped off piles of greenish puss, this is embarassing because when I stop at a truck stop I get accused of being tweaked on speed and not sleeping right. While they are right on the not sleeping(3-4 hours a night) I have not tweaked myself with over the counter meds in almost 6 months. Any suggestions?

7mm, the near blind.

line2.gif
email2b.gif
hillbilly.gif

Comments

• RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Visine - many different kinds. Go to the store and see which one says it will work for you.

RUGER.jpg

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." -- Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Try that new water mist thing , keep em lubricated. Seen it on TV, spray the mist into your eyes.

flageagle.gif

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doctor gave me "Refresh Tears". Seem to work without burning my eyes.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    Sounds like you need an antibiotic.
    A doc will give you a 'script.

Sulfacetamide Sodium Ophlalmic Solution USP, 10%

Sulfacetamide Sodium Ophthalmic Solution USP, 10% is a sterile, topical anti-bacterial agent for ophthalmic use. The pH of the solution is between 6.6 and 6.0. The osmolarity of the solution is between 795 and 950 mOsm/kg.

And quit rubbing your eyes with your grubby hands. And wash all your towels in soap and a little bleach.
  • old06old06 Member Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    jsergovic hit it on the money my daughter had a similar conditon and thats just what the Dr ordered.

psalms 16
  • HangfireHangfire Member Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If they're that bad , it really is time to see a Doctor. Its nothing to experiment with!!!Think what's at stake.

But if you decide not to, try Hoppes#9[8D][8D]

Love them Pre-64's!!!!-Bob
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    Ten drops of vodka in a sterile shotglass, a teaspoonful of water, and bend down and place shotglass over eye.

Tilt head back, open eye, and move your eye around to disinfect all areas of the eyeball.

Or get the Doc's 'script juice. The pain went away within ten seconds!
  • gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
    edited November -1
    Time for antibiotics Id say. Its commom to get conjunctivitis (Pink eye) with a cold because we rub our eyes with our hands which most likely came in contact with mucous from the nose. Happens alot. Good luck. Doesnt sound like much fun.

Larry
  • alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    TRY "OCUFLUX" FROM YOUR EYE DR.

Gun_smokes.gif

Swanton.gif
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You could use some antibiotic ophthalmic ointment -- it comes in a small tube and goes in like vaseline, but you obviously need something to kill bacteria and lubricate your eyes when you go to sleep, which Visine may not do sufficiently to kill the germs. I always get the prescription ointment for me (and my dog) for infection and it works. Don't mess around with your eyes. IMHO.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    Pink eye is serious stuff. 5 minutes (after waiting 45 minutes) and you will be on your way to the drug store. I would see a doc!

There are some good over the counter but not cheap eye drops, they usually come in individual sterile plastic containers and are "fresh tears" or real tears or something like that