In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Cannons

Chevyman TxChevyman Tx Member Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Last Saturday I was outside working on something (As Usual) and around 2:00 pm I started what sounded like thunder. There wasnt a cloud in the sky here on anywhere else in the state according to radar. This thundering went on for as long as i had time to hang around and listen to it. Couldnt figure out what was going on. Sometime this week i finally figured it out, They were having one of those civil war reenactments. I live 20 miles from where this was happening, I just never figured i would be able to hear those things that far away. while i was listening to this rumbleing , I thought back to last year when the space shuttle broke up, I was standing outside and i could hear that noise very clearly and that thing went down about 80-100 miles from where i live. I mean i could literally feel it shake the ground.

"Keep turnin to the RIGHT"

Comments

• Chevyman TxChevyman Tx Member Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.wildimports.com/default.htm
    For the price the quality looks impressive!

sniper.gif
    NRA Life Endowment Member

Soquel.gif
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Last time that I shot mine,(2 5/8" bore) it knocked all kinds of stuff off the walls. It was maybe 75' from the house...Beer cans full of concrete go a LONG way on 3-4 oz. of pyrodex..[:D]

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
  • TwoDogsTwoDogs Member Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check this...
    Friday I was at the bank before I headed to the show in Houston.
    The location of the re-enactment is about a mile from the bank.
    They were makin a couple test fires.
    First BOOM!!...
    The teller looks at me and says...
    " Dern, our transformmer must have blown"...now mind you there was nary a blink of the lights and she lookin straight into a computer making the transaction.
    Second BOOM!!!
    "Hear that...the transformer blew again"
    Just made to my truck before I cracked up...
    She had a very "Blonde" moment.

"Always drink upstream from the herd"
    Will Rogers
  • Chevyman TxChevyman Tx Member Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kinda makes you wonder if you should be doing business at that particular bank doesnt it? HAHAHA

"Keep turnin to the RIGHT"