In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

anybody ever rebuild a daisy BB/pellet rifle?

JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
edited April 2006 in General Discussion
I found a rebuild kit for my model 799 daisy (made for sears roebuck). I figured if it could be done, it was worth having it working again after some 12yrs or more. The seals were leaking and it would not hold air (this is one of those .177cal deals that would actually hold like 10 pumps[}:)][8D]). So I take this thing apart with the schematics included, and MAN are there more parts in here than I ever though[:0] Put it all back together to test my memory, and will take it down tomororw with a pard to see if we can get this rig working again..need a vice and some washers to compress a piston spacer so we can remove a roll pin and rebuild the piston itself (o-rings and seals)[^]

Who else has been inside one of these things?

Comments

• Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    not me. the old red ryder hasnt failed yet and it a real charm with the chipmunks
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DaBowMan18
    not me. the old red ryder hasnt failed yet and it a real charm with the chipmunks

Be careful you don't take an eye out..[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    this kit cost $15, so I figured why not. I like this rifle, even though it is about a 700fps rig.
  • Options
    JEPJEP Member Posts: 218 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Funny this came up as I took apart a Daisy 840 last week to replace the o ring ( lost power ). Man parts went everywhere including a little spring it took forever to find. At the cost of repair i can easily see buying a new one is the way to go.