In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Room For One More...CAT

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
edited January 2004 in General Discussion
This was a day for just me. Travis is at mom's for the weekend. Dawnie had to work. I spent the biggest part of the day cleaning my shop and tracking down a few paperwork errors. (Found them all! YAY!)

Dawnie came in from work. Brought groceries.

A little while later, she says, "Guess what's in the garage."

I said, "Boxes, trash, two overfed cats." Pretty accurate, I thought.

She said, "No, a baby kitty."

She heard it crying and got it some food and coaxed it into a closet. After that, it was up to me to capture it. It was pretty wild, so gloves were in order.

Then I was holding a growling, spitting, biting, scratching ball of fur that looked to be all of two months old. No idea where it came from or why it showed up here.

We put it in a dog kennel with some food and water. Maybe let it out in a day or two when it settles down some.

It is a gray tabby female and brings our total cat count up to SEVEN.

Dawnie says we will have to get it spayed, of course.

All we needed was another cat.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net

Comments

• toolmaniamtoolmaniam Member Posts: 3,213
    edited November -1
    Cats are great unless you have a bunch of them. They seem to squabble over litter boxes and unevitably one gets mad and starts using other things as it's litter box.[xx(]

A dead intruder cannot testify against you in a court of law!

If they're still moving, put another round in them!

P239n_Beauty.gif
  • joeaf1911a1joeaf1911a1 Member Posts: 2,962 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nunn: Know that feeling well. My wife is a "cat person" and I also
    like them (but not that much). Yea, we also have 7 of the critters.
    Between cat food, litter, vets bills, and now deer food, makes it hard
    to buy guns lately.
  • orca44magorca44mag Member Posts: 690 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know the feeling. We've got 2 cats, a border collie, 2 bearded dragons, a Senegal parrot and a Parrotlet, and a 55 gallon freshwater
    aquarium. Keeps the cats busy. [}:)]
  • gunut 1gunut 1 Member Posts: 360 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK guys I dont want to hear any laughing. WE [the wife and myself] but mostly my wifes doing have 18 indoor cats all fixed and declawed, 2 dogs, fish, and she also has a horse that we pay to board. All in a 3 BR ranch...Talk about animal poor.

CATS.. Peanut, Circey, Cydney, Cougan, Celky, Cedrick, Charcote, Cloe, Calamity, Nala, Cartouch, Cole, Sunshine, Catey, Calvin, G/W, Cheaks, Fancy

DOGS.. Cherokee[lab].Tylera[vizsla]
  • robomanroboman Member Posts: 6,436
    edited November -1
    I'm sure Rafter-S could help you get rid of it if you wanted to. I'm sure a kitten couldn't outrun a .30-06. Or do you prefer putting them in garbage bags and throwing them into the ocean after weighing them down?

[:(!]

signew.JPG

"In a world of compromise, some don't."

anim_bannana.gifanim_bannana.gifanim_bannana.gifanim_bannana.gifanim_bannana.gif

Utica.gif
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gunut 1
    OK guys I dont want to hear any laughing. WE [the wife and myself] but mostly my wifes doing have 18 indoor cats all fixed and declawed, 2 dogs, fish, and she also has a horse that we pay to board. All in a 3 BR ranch...Talk about animal poor.

CATS.. Peanut, Circey, Cydney, Cougan, Celky, Cedrick, Charcote, Cloe, Calamity, Nala, Cartouch, Cole, Sunshine, Catey, Calvin, G/W, Cheaks, Fancy

DOGS.. Cherokee[lab].Tylera[vizsla]

<br>
    Holy CRAP!! You and your wife are my new hero's!![8D]

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
  • WagionWagion Member Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    can you say target practice or see previous post on bear battered roast cat

If force ain't work'n... Your not use'n nough of it.
    I know the spelling is bad but guess what I DON'T CARE