In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Illinois

gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Just saw the post regarding Michigan and was curious as to who lives in Illinois.

Larry

Comments

• gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
    edited November -1
    The 7th circuit court struck down Illinois' ban on concealed carry just days ago and gave IL lawmakers 180 days to pass a carry bill. Sadly, we couldn't even have a week to celebrate a victory that we've been waiting decades to achieve, before another school massacre had to happen.

Talk about going from an extreme high to an extreme low. I knew things were simply going "too right" in the World to last for long.
    edited November -1
    Someone for Illinois won one of my auctions for some 7.62x51. Anything special I need to worry about for the sale?? According to the folks on this board that state is as bad as commiefornia.
    edited November -1
    Cess pool of the USSA
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    I'm in the US Army, travel alot but my home of record is Illinois, and I still call it home. Mom, dad and all the rest of the family live there as well.

What part of the state are you from, or more specifically, which block in Chicago [}:)] ?

NSDQ!

"Many free countries have lost their liberty, and ours may lose hers; but if she shall, be it my proudest plume, not that I was the last to desert; but that I never deserted her." -President Abraham Lincoln
    edited November -1
    I used to live in Chitown but we moved to southern Illinois. Lawrencville to be exact. I lived in Naperville but my lfestyle soon exeeded my$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Larry
  • cwinncwinn Member Posts: 1,223 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I live in Illinois, Kankakee area. You know, Letterman's least attractive place to reside in the entire nation......[V][:D]
  • BerettafanBerettafan Member Posts: 592 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I live close to Chicago, on the Indiana side, but my grandparents live near Kankakee, and I am there quite a bit. I kinda live in both places.

All it takes for evil to prevail is that good men do nothing.

For the first time a civilized nation has full gun registration; the streets are safer, the police are more effective, and the rest of the world will follow us into history--Hitler 1937
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Peotone..far enough south of the sprawl that I can still shoot from my deck....for now...[^]

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
  • elect1mikeelect1mike Member Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tolono just south of Champaign home of the fighting Illini and university of Illinois.

col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    I am a man but I can change if I have to,I guess.
  • k.stanonikk.stanonik Member Posts: 2,109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I live in the north east corner of lake county , right along the wi boarder
  • sutterrogsutterrog Member Posts: 163 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Grew up in Morton, near Peoria. My folks and oldest sister and her family still live there. Now living in Laurel mountains east of Pittsburgh. Could never live in IL again due to the state not allowing concealed carry.
  • bsallybsally Member Posts: 3,165
    edited November -1
    Live about 30 miles west of Daley-ville.[}:)] Naperville area.

SALLY
    Committee member-Ducks Unlimited
  • rameleni1rameleni1 Member Posts: 998 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I live in Glen Ellyn.

Rameleni1
    edited November -1
    Hey Rameleni1 - What ever happened to getting together and going out to Buffalo range? I bought a new rifle that needs to be sighted in. Any interest still in going when spring finally comes? What kind of shooting do ya normally do and where?

SALLY
  • rameleni1rameleni1 Member Posts: 998 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buffalo Range doesn't open untill April 1st. I will be going the first chance I get. I also have a few Rifles to try out. I shoot my handguns at Midwest in Lyons. I was going to post about another outing, but will wait untill March sometime.

Rameleni1
    edited November -1
    I'm in.

SALLY
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I live just Georgetown just 7 miles south of Danville. Grew up in Mt. Vernon, moved here 17 yrs ago. Hey Mike yer closer than I thought you were bud.

Only the strong survive!!!!!
  • ndbillyndbilly Member Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    McHenry County here.
  • KX500KX500 Member Posts: 733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, about 5 hours south of Chicago, near Carbondale.
  • gonepostalgonepostal Member Posts: 604 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    15 min away from downtown stl. on the ill side

yep its me ,same one for 4 years now
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well it looks like we have some from all 4 corners plus central. Hey Mike, or anyone else that wants, if yer ever headin for Champaign let me know i'll buy coffee, or whatever ya drink.[:D]

Only the strong survive!!!!!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tapwater
    Peotone..far enough south of the sprawl that I can still shoot from my deck....for now...[^]

I take Peotone road on the way to Chicago. Start out going through Manteno, Then by th J&J plant etc. Pretty rural around there.

Larry
  • giantgiant Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey, I live here too, 30 miles north of Springfield in Lincoln
    Any body got a place we could have one of those applience shoots some of the other members have. sounds like fun[:)]

Don't die for your Country make your enemy die for his

Keep everything as simple as possible but no simpler
  • 4000fps4000fps Member Posts: 786 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Arlington Hts. here. Good gun show coming up Feb 28-29 at GATS in Dundee. Huge 3 story place. Anyone thinking abut going?
    www.gatguns.com
    Has super specials every year at this show. Last year Sig P225- $399.00 NIB till they were gone. All factory reps there with their latest toys. Alot of free stuff. Been going to this "factory shot out" for about 10 years now. Really a good show.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Mattoon,Il Just north of Effingham on I57. [8D]
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rosemont here. Had an interview out in Glen Ellen Friday. May move out there if I get the job.

Regards,
    190191.gif
  • anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I grew up in Kankakee, but now I live in Mansfield, MA (near Boston). I've lived in some neat places, but I still like to go back to Kankakee. The dear wife is from Dwight.[:D]
  • BabalooieBabalooie Member Posts: 281 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I live near the intersection of I-57 and I-80, in the southeast quadrant and help them make cookies at 73rd Street and Kedzie Avenue in Chi-town.

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger."
    - Friedrich Nietsche
    "Only the strong survive."
    - Jerry Butler
    edited November -1
    Babalooie, do ya get your pastries at Fleckenstein's..(sp?).?..Breakfast will be on me someday..[:D]..

• BabalooieBabalooie Member Posts: 281 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tapwater,

I've never heard of Fleckenstein's, sorry. If you give me directions, or an address, I'm always up for a free meal (har).

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger."
    - Friedrich Nietsche
    "Only the strong survive."
    - Jerry Butler
  • Old hickoryOld hickory Member Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    52 years in Dixon Illinois - for better or worse. Northern Illinois is prettier than lots of people realize. I'd still rather be out west!
    edited November -1
    Babalooie...sorry, I was picturing 45 and 80..Busy brain, too many numbers..I will keep track of members in our general area. Maybe a gunshow meet-up or some such...

• jarheadjarhead Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I live near Bloomington-Normal.
  • NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
    edited November -1
    Whiled away some time with a lady in Belleville, once upon a time. Lived a short while in the town with the big Indian mound, can't remember it's name.