In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

NBC Today- Fair and balanced AWB

salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Katie Couric just mentioned the gn legislation going on in congress.
Of course, the today shows top story dealt with Columbine. In addition, they will have Jim and Sarah Brady as guests. And Mayor Daley is gonna come on and discuss gun violence in Chicago.
No mention of any "pro gun" guests.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
-Jimmy the cheese man

Comments

• IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, fair and balanced "news" - to say nothing of the "analysis" - is the hallmark of the media giants. And now with the "Campaign Finance Reform" Act, they have been given near total control of political speech in public forums in the crucial weeks before elections, further marginalizing those who do not share their leftist agenda. Now to disarm the peasants . . . .

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain) ". . . And DemoCraps" (me)
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only reason there is so much gun violence in chicago is because handguns are illegal!! What a joke, Katie Couric pisses me off, shes living in la la land, with her little fake smile, shes worse than diane sawyer.. [:(!]

Sarah Brady, ha, what a joke, according to gunfacts.info it even said on the brady campaigns website that the AW Ban had no apparent effect on crime. [:D]

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Just watched the twin piles of excrement ..and another pile interviewing them.

All the canards were there..Amazing that today they trot these out.I assume that they expected to pass it yesterday,quietly...also,the police released tapes on the Columbine shootings today...

I no longer believe in 'coincidences' folks...
  • FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sad and pathetic. I'm pretty even tempered but found myself screaming at the television as I watched Sarah Brady and Matt "the sissy" Louer ignorantly push their agenda.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad I did not see it.
    I yelled enough at the TV yesterday when Feinstein was on.
    Fair and balanced.......sure it is.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    about balanced as my butt.
    Iell Jim Brady cant even talk much less complete a whole sentance.
    Are you sure Sarah Brady aint kin to Kerry, they seem to look a like to me.
    BS at its purist.
    I better shut up
    Walte
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gee, do you suppose it's a coincidence that the gun-haters are looking for this promotional time while the gun industry liability bill is in debate?

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Watch it now.. I would like to take Katie Couric shooting sometime! I could show her how to shoot.
  • NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
    edited November -1
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun" ....