In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Your best guess who is next

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Who will be the next Democrat to drop out ? Dean refuses to quit with a so called million dollars a day coming in. Guess he is about ready to throw a screaming temper tantrum .

Comments

• offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dean has a lot of folks in his campaign staff being laid off. It doesn't really matter which of the minor candidates like Sharpeton or Kucinich drops out next, but of the major ones I would not be surprised if Dean, having lost 9 primaries and running in the red, is next. He, unlike Edwards and Clark, hasn't won one yet. I think Clark will go before Edwards.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Dean's yesterday's toast.

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,461 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been thinking that Clark is really running for VP.

He Dog
  • GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    I have been thinking that Clark is really running for VP.

He Dog

A general that would be outranked by a Lt? I wonder if Clarks ego could handle that?

Sometimes, when someone is talking to me, my mind drifts off and I
    start thinking about guns I'd like to own.
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    How the blazes does Sharpeton stay in?

Who is bank rolling this clown?

It's time for somebody to investigate his finances, but they're all afraid of him [:(!]

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    HeDog -- Good point. They've made so much of a potential Kerry/Edwards ticket that I haven't thought much about Clark. He DOES look like he might be angling for VP as a fall-back. I can certainly see him as a do-nothing cardboard stand-up VP (much like Gore) [:D]

Dean seems to me to have burned hot and gone out quick. I guess that's the textbook definition of a flash in the pan. Somebody on TV last night said the Dems liked Dean's rhetoric best of any candidate, but when they got a look at the man, they said to themselves, "we can't vote for this guy!" Dead man walking here~!

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • 4wheeler4wheeler Member Posts: 3,441
    edited November -1
    Dean has lossed since the gore indorsement. I guess he has not figured that out yet.

"Keep dangereous weapons out of the hands of fools-start with computers"
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sharpton is mad cause the african american vote here in SC did not do him well. He spent a lot of time in SC.. Every since MLK day.. I am still laughing at the clip the news did on him. He is at the front of the church spinnng around like a top ...
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    I think Clark or Edwards will be the VP candidate.

Both are from the South (a political necessity).

Clark has military experience and rank (something no one on the Bush team can compete with) and status as an outsider politically speaking to off-balance Kerry's very definite insider status.

Edwards is younger, though, and would be helpful in capturing the young vote. But since Edwards has already said (for what that's worth) that he's not interested in the VP slot, I'd say smart money is on Clark for the #2 spot.
  • vclubbvclubb Member Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think it will come down to Edwards vs Kerry.

Just my .02 cents worth

-Victor

"The Chinese use two brush strokes to write the word 'crisis.' One brush stroke stands for danger; the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger - but recognize the opportunity."
    Richard M. Nixon
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Monkey, Edwards has already stated he will not accept the VP position on Meet the Press.
  • greeker375greeker375 Member Posts: 3,644
    edited November -1
    Now that Lieberman is gone, the next looks to be Dean if he bombs in the next round, then Clark and then Edwards by late March when I think Kerry will have it sown up. The others aren't even a consideration and are ego'n it.

I don't see Edwards saying "No" to Kerry if it comes down to it, regardless, his prior comments.

My few pennies...

"the difference between the almost right word and the right word is like the difference between a lightning bug and a lightning bolt" - Mark Twain.
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Select-fire,

Yeah, I know, but that's why I added "for what it's worth." Since he's a politician, I'm willing to bet he'll give it a second thought if winning the presidential nomination doesn't look possible.