In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bush-Kerry-Other?

Artic wolfArtic wolf Member Posts: 181 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
What One do you want for President???????

Comments

• ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Edwards seems the most palatable to me. He's not as anti-gun as Bush and Kerry are (not that he's pro-gun, just not AS anti as the other two), has a pretty solid plan for tax cuts for the middle class (I believe he wants a tax cut for everyone, individuals and families, that earn under $250,000 a year), and is advocating a $3.5 billion job training program. He also wants to withdraw from NAFTA.

Pretty reasonable all around. Not perfect, but preferable to Bush or Kerry.
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the choices are Kerry and Bush I'll be damned if I will cast a vote that will even come close to helping kerry. The way Emm, Hairy, Highball and some others feel about Bush is my feeling towards Kerry Xs10! If it comes down to Bush and Kerry in the election I will become a serious devoted religious nut and pray to God very aggressivly that if Kerry wins we get hit by a big meteor and the world ends because as far as I am concerned Kerry is the Anti Christ and the end is near!

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 7mm nut
    ...as far as I am concerned Kerry is the Anti Christ...

Interestingly, if you write "outdoortexas" backwards in Tamil, leaving out only two letters, you get 666.
    edited November -1
    DWS, what does that have to do with the price of milk in China on Monday?

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
    edited November -1
    How can Kerry be the Anti-Christ when I've just proven outdoortexas is the Anti-Christ? (John 3:18)
    edited November -1
    Now you're ganna get all techinical on me[V] Ok then, Kerry is satan, hows that?

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
    edited November -1
  • Patrick OdlePatrick Odle Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anyone voting for any of the fly by night
    democraps over Bush are forever barred from
    whinning or gripping about librel gun laws
    passed in the future. So don't be hypocrite
    and vote for that mass. ultra librel and then
    have the gall to come amongst the honest gun
    owners on the forum gripping.

and by the way slicks little puppy wasn't
    named gfatlady.
  • rcdisrcdis Member Posts: 994 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Vote NO for president.

rcdis
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ElMuertoMonkey
    [ has a pretty solid plan for tax cuts for the middle class (I believe he wants a tax cut for everyone, individuals and families, that earn under $250,000 a year),

Could someone explain why someone who makes less than $250,000 is entitled to a tax cut, but someone who makes more than $250,000 isnt entitled to a tax cut?

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will bet it won't be Nader. He is exactly like his Corvair" unsafe at any speed"
  • outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    Damn, DWS, damn!

Who'd a thunk anyone would have know'd Tamil around here?
    Guess there's no sence in me tryin' to hide it any longer. [;)]
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Salzo,

Because $250,000 a year for a family of four is the middle class. According to Edwards, those who make over $1,000,000 will have their tax cuts reduced.

Now, between you and me, over $1,000,000 a year is a lot of cabbage and those folks can probably afford the good accountants that will get them tax breaks anyway. Pinching the upper class never caused a nation or government to collapse, but pinching the middle class led to the fall of the Roman Empire, the Romanov Dynasty in Russia, just about every Chinese dynasty since the Han, and the French monarchy.

Also, when you figure that the richest 1% own, what, 20% of the wealth in this nation, they can afford to pay out a little more.

I wouldn't worry about the upper class being unfairly taxed... there will always be an upper class, but as nations like Haiti, the Congo, and Burma prove, the middle class can rapidly turn into an endangered species.