In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

A football question.......

crims40crims40 Member Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
or even a baseball one. Is there really a threat of someone reading the lips of the coaches or a pitcher? I see the coaches hiding there mouths behind a clipboard or a pitcher talking through their gloves all the time. Do they hire lip readers to see what the other team is up too? How do they use the information when/if they get it? How much would a lip reader make in a Super Bowl? These are just some of the things that run through my mind during halftime when I can't stand to watch what is going on.....[:D][}:)][;)]

denny

Comments

• bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Absolutely, however what they say is most likely cryptic so understanding it might not be enough...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    not very much all teams call plays in different ways

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    With free agency, players change teams yearly. Like in tonights SuperBowl, there was a player on the Panther's that was on the Patriots when they won the Super Bowl two years ago.

It may be they're just playing safe, but there's always the chance of players passing on info to their new team about their old team.

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There's also little to be learned that can't be learned by watching film of the other team...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • crims40crims40 Member Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thats for the info folks....I was just wondering...[:D][:D]

denny