In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What happened to Billy?

jwhardingjwharding Member Posts: 2,897 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I know its been talked about before but what's your thoughts about Billy The Kid? Did Garrett Kill kim that night or did he live into the 1900's. Brushy Bill, was he the kid? Heard there was a show comming on around May 2, that's supposed to tell the story. I believe Garrett killed him that night at Maxwell's house. I also believe he shot him without giving him a chance to give up. In other words in cold blood. Why else would he sat there in the dark by Maxwell's bed and wait for the kid. Just my thoughts, What's yours?
JW

fc6cb6ef.gif
Southaven.gif

Comments

• rcdisrcdis Member Posts: 994 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Apparently it was not a good idea to give the "Kid" a chance to shoot. I doubt that the shooting was as dramatic as Garrett ststed, the "Kid" could well have been unarmed.

rcdis
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like the Young Guns version best[:D][:D] Billy lived to the 1900s! Hollywood don't lie[:D]

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    Garrett killed the kid. He probably didn't give him any chance. I doubt that he viewed it as a sporting event. I personally don't believe the Brushy Bill theory. No more than I believe that Elvis was down at the local 7-11 yesterday. We hate to say goodbye to our legends. Mortality brings them down to human level.

Proud member of the NRA

When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.
    Abraham Lincoln

If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith.
    Albert Einstein
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    What 7mm nut said.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • crims40crims40 Member Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I went to NMSU at Las Cruces for about 3 years long ago. I found out two things while there and talking to the old people. Pat Garrett didn't kill the Kid and somehow, every other person you meet on the street is related to him...[:D][;)]