In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

KILLER FLU..........

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited March 2003 in General Discussion
You read that right.... this one is ohhhhhhhhhhh god horrid...and guess who has it?... oh yea... me....

Was at the cattery on Wed and got hit with severe pain... and I do mean severe.... doubled me over.... Told Lori I was going home, and then the rest of Wed, Thurs and now today... Just got off the phone with my dr.... he said it is a flu but its dangerous.... reason?...dehydration....and it does go fast...Since Wed, I have lost 10 pounds... 5 of which I cant afford to lose....
and if its not better by tonight, he wants me in emerg....he is phoning in a presc for pain...yes the pain is that bad....and imodium after every bowel movement....hmmmmmm every 20 minutes or so....

The pain is not a cramping pain but is very kin to food poisoning or child birth...take your pick, they both hurt like he**....as for the dehydration?... all I can do is drink, and then it leaves as soon as it hits my stomach....
So do I want sympathy?... he** no... its just a warning... there is a flu going round and its horrid.... no fever, just pain and your best friend is now the bathroom.....hits very sudden... sooooooooo if you get it... you know what to do....

Cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion

Comments

• Options
    HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    BR: Get a laptop so you can surf the web while "enthroned." [:D]

It's not what you know that gets you in trouble, it's what you know that just ain't so!
    Resident Pyrrhonist
  • Options
    4GodandCountry4GodandCountry Member Posts: 3,968
    edited November -1
    BR, sorry to hear your not feeling well, It sounds like what I had about a week ago, the pain was horrible and I didn't think it was cramps either because it was so bad but it was, try gas ex and see if it helps, if not at least you will have tried.

On a different note, on the ask the experts forum theres a guy asking about the daewoo dr200. I remember a while back you were trying to help another member find a part for one and was having trouble locating it. Do you remember who it was and if they ever did get the problem solved?

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet."
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    4GodandCountry.... I am not exactly sure of the name but it was for a gas plug...and that part is no where to be found... it will have to be made....sometimes you can get an extra one, and then sell the leftover for parts...I did put that member onto a few that has extra parts, but it seems the part he wanted is in very short supply and one of the first parts to get "lost"....

Cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • Options
    pantera7974pantera7974 Member Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have a killer tooth ache if that makes you feel better, both wisdom on left side, 1 upper, 1 lower, both hopefully being evicted on friday,mar.7th(right now i feel [:(], after i get pecosets ill be [:D][:p][:D]

HAPPINESS IS LIKE PEEING YOURSELF, EVERYBODY CAN SEE IT BUT ONLY YOU CAN FEEL ITS WARMTH.
  • Options
    groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    BR, Sorry to hear of your troubles! Hope you get some releif fast! Those Immodiums will catch up in time! And then you won't go for 4 days!!! GHD[:)][:)][:)]
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    BR,

Tell Classic it's time to return the nursing care he received. You take it easy and let him wait on you.

Seriously, take care. We need you.

Measure twice, cut once.
    calipers_open_close_md_wht.gif
    Empty the clip!
    smoking_gun_md_wht.gif
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the warning.
    Hope you feel better SOON.
  • Options
    Brth729Brth729 Member Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry to read you're not feeling well. There is a cure for it. A piece of cake with a slab of vanilla ice-cream.[;)]

***I'm in the hi-fidelity first class travelling section I think I need a Leer jet***
  • Options
    armed_ femalearmed_ female Member Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BR,
    definitely hope you are on the mend soon. That sounds like a nasty visitor and classic should shoo it out of the house..lots of lysol spray!

LT. RRG

Texas Assistant State Director
    Armed Females of America

driver.jpg
  • Options
    soopsoop Member Posts: 4,633
    edited November -1
    I saw the heading Killer Flu and had to read it.We just had a death from the flu yesterday in our town.A little forth grade girl.It`s the third or forth death of a child with flu symtoms in this part of Michigan. This stuff can be serious.Please take care of yourself.
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BR--I had the same thing that you've got. I'm not sure how old you are but this 27-year-old got his * kicked. I got so dehydrated that I couldn't wet my tongue to lick an envelope. It started with puking Friday night. I couldn't keep a meal down until Tuesday. I was visiting the water closet at least hourly (if not more) from 4pm on Sunday through 10am on Tuesday. My body was expelling ALL water. The boss made me come into work on Saturday and then he got it and elected to stay home all day yesterday. Go figure. He even made me cancel a Doctor appointment on Monday and was told that I had to wait until Tuesday morning since Monday was "mission day". Oh, and drove a total of about 600 miles in those four days for work too.

Get to a Doctor. This stuff is wicked. I didn't see a Doctor until it had almost completely passed. I felt like I needed an I.V. just to get some water to stay in my system.
  • Options
    charger_rt440charger_rt440 Member Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had that stuff a couple of weeks ago...

the best thing I found for it is Gatorade,,,you might prefer some other sports drink...at the rate you are expelling fluids you are gonna need all the help you can get...

Get well soon, hang in there.[:)]

Stress--This happens when the brain overrides the bodies basic urge to strangle the crap out of someone!!!!