In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Picked up the 29 and 43 today

bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Picked up my 70's model 29 Smith and also the Winchester 43 in 22 Hornet. Had some extra credit from the trade so got a new Ross holster, some ammo and a set of rings and bases. My pistol collection is starting to become respectable. I use to only keep three for various types of carry, but somewhere along the line I started to enjoy just plinking away with wheel guns. I'm pretty picky about the semi autos I'll own. Very few seem to fit my hands as well as a revolver does.
The Winchester is just a sweet little rifle that is pretty to look at too. I really like the 22 Hornet caliber. It is a new one for me and will come in handy for getting the rabbits from the garden to the table. Going to have to get a raging hornet to go with it now. And get some dies, man that stuff ain't cheap.

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems

Comments

• wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BDJ, My 43 is a .218 Bee. It came with dies and some primed brass when I bought it. I mounted a older 4X Redfield on it with the Weaver sidemounts made for the 43. Your right, you can't afford to buy factory ammunition for these things. A trusted friend loaded me some with 35 grain V-max. They will get your rabbits and dress them too.[:D] I've got a picture, but it would spread your thread to far.

Whenever I see a cow eat grass, I am reminded that "This too shall pass."............ Baxter Black
    standard.jpg
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    I'm not sure of the effective range of the 22 hornet so I'm not sure which scope to mount on it. I have a 3x9 and a 1.5x6 and a 1.5x4 that are not doing anything important.

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems