In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bigdaddy, Real estate magnate?

bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
It is official now so I can say it on line. As of now my wife and I are the sole owners of Assist-2-Sell of Pinehurst. It's a real estate brokerage for those not familiar with the name. My wife is, and has been for the last three or four years, the highest grossing real estate agent in the area. She's made some people around here a great deal of money by being very good at what she does. I've seen her in action at the bargaining table and all I can say is that if we were ever to get a divorce I would be lucky to walk away with the clothes on my back. The girl does her homework. It's frightening to see the personal and financial information she can gather on the priciples involved in a deal. It is not uncommon for her to know more about someone's personal financial affairs than they do. She lets just enough info out to let them hang themselves then WHAMMO!! she drops the hammer.She's like Rosie in a dress and pumps!!![:D] She's lost out on some big deals simply because she didn't think her client was being treated right. Everyone wants her in on a deal because it pretty much quarantees a smooth, though not always bloodless, closing.
I had to sell some guns and we'll have to tighten the belts for a while, but hopefully with the PGA US Open coming again it won't take long for things to work out. As a principle in the company I'm required to attend a franchisee convention atleast once every three years usually held in Reno,NV. That might give me the excuse to come out west and visit a few GB guys I've been wanting to meet.
Keep us in mind if you are buying a house or land. Her license is good in a number of states and by having her as a referring broker she can knock a percentage point or two off of your costs. On the average that is a few thousand dollars and will come in handy at the gun shop.[;)] Wish us luck cause it's sink or swim time.

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems

Comments

• HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    Best of luck to you. While the real estate market here in Floriduh is doing well, I don't know about the rest of the country.

Was there a particular reason for you to join a franchise? As you know, you can save some pennies by being on your own--the downside is, of course, name recognition. My broker is debating whether to drop his franchise and go solo or stick with it. The demands and costs of the franchise are constantly going up and up.

Again, hope everything works out well for you. [:D]

Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain.
  • greeker375greeker375 Member Posts: 3,644
    edited November -1
    BDJ
    Congrat's to both of you. I kinda knew when you mentioned Reno and a place to stay that you were going through with it. I wish you both well in this venture. Keep your focus. I know it will be tight for a while, but, having broken off from my old broker as Christine just has, I know where you will be once the word gets out and her signs hit the streets.
    You're job as of now is to make a list of what guns you'll need to replace the sacrificial ones after things turn-around for you.
    Good Luck!

"the difference between the almost right word and the right word is like the difference between a lightning bug and a lightning bolt" - Mark Twain.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,869 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    I wish you the best of luck on your venture. I don't think luck has much to do withit, however. It sounds like you have done your homework and made sound decisions. I am sure you will do well.

Aberdeen.gif
    81st FA BN WWII...Thanks Dad
    U!S!A! ALL THE WAY!!
  • hawkeye6020hawkeye6020 Member Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    excellent, good luck to you both

"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others"
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I see some of those Assist-2-Sell signs around these parts.
    Hoping for the best for both of you.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
    edited November -1
    Glad to hear it BDJ and best of luck to both of you in being a business owners. It is nice to be your on boss.

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    Rita Mae Brown
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well if you're willing to be a buyers broker, we may have some business together in the summer of 2005.

GOOD LUCK!!

I'll tell you what my grandps always says. "There are two kinds of people, the ones that work for themselves, and the ones that work for them".

Woods

Hamlin.gif
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doing business in SC ? if so maybe I can hook up with ya to buy some more rental properties.
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    I'm pretty sure her license is good in SC and she has her buyer's rep credentials. I believe the way it works is that if she calls an agent anywhere and sends you to them ,so to speak, then that agent must cut her in for half the commission which she in turn can give back to you. Atleast a good portiom of it antway. You save money, she makes money , I get a new toy and everyone's happy![:)]

edited November -1
    Hey Guys...BDJ has been in real estate since, what, 6:51:25 of Feb. 11, 2004 and he's cuttin' deal's already. Damn, is the man good or what.
    In less than 12 hours he's become a "Real Estate Maggot"!

Go Big Daddy, Go!

"the difference between the almost right word and the right word is like the difference between a lightning bug and a lightning bolt" - Mark Twain.
  • RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You will make it if you don't shoot up all the profits![:)]
    edited November -1
    So much for sitting around counting money and buying my guns back between trips to the fishing hole. She's actually making me work. I'm now learning to write and file in realtor speak. It's a strange languge that seems to have it's roots in ancient Greek. Cuts into my posting time. Before you know it I'll be like Pa and only posting once a month or so. Be careful what she wishes for, you may just get it!![xx(]

edited November -1
    quote:realtor speak. It's a strange languge that seems to have it's roots in ancient Greek

Let's see, I speak Greek...ergo, I must be a Realtor!

edited November -1
    Is modern Greek like ancient Greek? I once had a French woman and a French Canadian gentleman over for a dinner party. They couldn't communicate with each other though they both spoke French. She claimed he spoke an antiquated form of the language. He said she butchered it.