In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

My FAL is here!

drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,613 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
My Ohio Rapid Fire Imbel receiver'd FN FAL came finally, I'm so happy! I picked it up Saturday but haven't got a chance to shoot it yet. Hoping to get a chance tomorrow night.

Turns out that it took Ohio Rapid Fire less than 20 days to build it. I ordered it the right around New Years. Found out that it had been sitting over at the shop, that I did the transfer thru (not my gun shop, used another one for this), for a month. Was not very happy with them!

1st impressions:
I ordered the $600 16.5" barreled carbine. Gawd is it short! Just a little longer than my AR carbine, but not much! It looks really cute.[:D] Finish on all the metal parts of the gun is a light gray. Stocks are black heavy duty plastic. The gun came in your standard plastic case w/ one 20rd mag and a 40+ page Imbel manual that seems to contain everything needed to disassemble it completely. The gun breaks open really smoothly. I've looked at some junker Century fals that didn't disassemble as nicely. Some buddies from my gunshop that own DSA Fals were very impressed by the looks of it.

Though I haven't got a chance to shoot it yet, I gotta say for $600 + $50 transfer fee + $15 shipping, you gotta get one of these! Can't wait for my funds situation to improve so I can buy mags and crap from Tapco.

Check out the prices at ORF:
http://www.ohiorapidfire.com

Regards,
190191.gif

Comments

• NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
    edited November -1
    Cool! In all the best sense of the word. Enjoy!
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    I paid $600 for my carbine. It was put together by CAI long enough ago that they used an Imbel reciever and a Belgiun gun. I've shot a couple thousand rounds through it and really like it a lot. Once you get the gas bleed off right they are smooth shooting rifles.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems