In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

the number one issue

rcdisrcdis Member Posts: 994 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I find the following rather incredible, I tend to think that constitutional amendments should be about important governmental issues, not about what a couple of gays want to do, and is this really the number one issue with conservatives when we have a few real problems here in the U.S.?

<<Bush's biggest immediate decision is when to publicly embrace a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage and whether he should also come out against allowing same-sex couples to have civil unions that give them many of the same rights as married people.

Republican sources said Bush's political adviser Karl Rove has assured leading conservatives the president will soon give his backing to a constitutional amendment.

"This is absolutely the number one issue for conservatives and the sooner Bush gets out there the more he will energize his support," said Appell.>>

02/19/04 12:44 ET

rcdis

Comments

• PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    Interesting, I wonder how the dems. will use this against him...

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr
  • punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    I think it would be a very astute political move. Lets face it, those that support this are NOT the people who are going to vote for him anyhow.

Cartoon_truck.gif

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY<P>
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by punchie

I think it would be a very astute political move.

I agree. His addressing (1) the biggest budget deficit in history, (2) the rapidly increasing number of American jobs lost forever overseas, (3) the inability of our intelligence and security communities to locate America's greatest terrorist threat (bin laden), (4) the impact of amnesty given to hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens and (5) the 2004 AWB all deserve a distant back seat to this most pressing Constitutional issue. God bless GW!
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Keep your eye on the ball boys.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems