In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Shotgun find

old single shotsold single shots Member Posts: 3,594
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
A friend of mine showed up this morning with several shotguns he just bought from an old man.One of them was a Winchester model 20 .410 in about 90% overall condition with a mint bore.I have only seen about 2 or 3 of these guns.He sold it to me for $100 and made my weekend.I am not sure of the exact value,but i know this model is quite scarce.I would appreciate any info. on this particular model.Thanks.P.S.Does anyone know the d.o.m. sn 15xxx

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    OSS! the model 20 single shot hammer gun
    100%===625.00

made 1919-1924 takedown, .410 26 in Bbl full choke checkered pistol grip stock and forearm..

Ya thief!![}:)][}:)][}:)]

eagle.gif
    "It is hard to soar with Eagles when your surrounded by Turkeys"

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    23,616 made between 1919-1924 90% brings about $400. There was a Junior trap shooting outfit that brings up around $3000. Assesories like ammo in the box,trap thrower, etc. bring a premium. OSS, i think you did pretty good on that one!
  • old single shotsold single shots Member Posts: 3,594
    edited November -1
    Classic--Thanks for the info. Thief! Not Me.Gave him just what he asked for it.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Pulling your chain, I always feel bad when I make a deal like that, but not really [:o)][:o)][:o)]

eagle.gif
    "It is hard to soar with Eagles when your surrounded by Turkeys"

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    definately a nice find

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Got to figure the old guy paid twenty bucks for it maybe and got to use it for 60-70 years. Getting a hundred bucks for it probably made him feel bad too. Probably thought he was taking advantage.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems