In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Last day 'til momma goes to Reno..

bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
In less than twenty four hours I'll be taking the Mrs. to Raliegh to put her on the plane to Nevada. I'll be a single parent for a week while she is staying in a nice hotel, dining out and seeing the sites. I told her to consider it a vacation and to make sure she has some fun while away. She is worried about leaving home without being able to take her baby Colt. I told her to call the airline and see if she can't just send it in her luggage locked in a box unloaded. The last time I flew they had no problem with the guns being in your luggage as long as they were unloaded and not in your carry on bag.
Anyone in Reno this coming week can look her up at the Peppermill Hotel. Anyone near West End, NC feel free to stop by and give me a hand with the laundry. I figure by Wednesday I'll be buried in dirty clothes. Guess I can start to plan a trip for myself as a reward for doing the single parent thing. Maybe a week in the mountains with my tent,a jug of corn liquor and a fly rod for the opening of trout season.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems

Comments

• dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A week without the Missus, and you want someones help. Please,I could last at least 15 minutes. Don.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Really couldn't come at a worse time. Spring is near so I've got boats to get fixed or the fishermen and tractors to fix for the farmers along with my plumbing and heating work. Then I have a guy wanting a 30,000 foot fence around his own little hunting spot in the snake infested swamps. I'd really like to get that done while the cottonmouths are still hibernating.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:. I'd really like to get that done while the cottonmouths are still hibernating.

Now I understand![:0][:0]

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Last I checked (was after 9-11) you could still send a gun in luggage, in a locked box (of course) as long as the ammo was not with it. And you let them know when you check in. Has anything changed?

Hope you both have a good week. [;)]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    My Mr's takes off fer about a Mo. every year, I love it (I leave the seat up) and me and the Dog have a Ball, When she is home Me and the Dog aint allowed on the furniture, So the first night I strip off naked and me and the Dog jump up on the couch and scrach and lick and have a great time. 2 days before she is due back I get out the old duck tape and get all the pubic hairs and dog hairs off the couch, Also I hire a house cleaner to come over and clean the mess up. cost about $75.00. Sure saves a lot of Bi******. [:D][:D][:D]
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bdj, I played single parent for several years; it aint' that bad and anyone who can make a living as a handyman will have twenty shortcuts figured out before the week is done. Chuck's idea of professional help the day before ETA is a good one, as well! [:D] The time you save and put to your paying work will likely more than cover the investment.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain) ". . . And DemoCraps" (me)
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Called the airline and they said no problem on the handgun in the luggage as long as the ammo is in a seperate box. They said you can now carry nail clippers and knitting needles on board. They have really loosened up on the weapons huh?