In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Been a long time, but the gauntlet is DOWN!

The DunedanThe Dunedan Member Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Ok, people. Here it comes. The newer, nastier AWBMkII we've all been dreading is up for a vote, and it may pass; thanks to the support of our so-called allies at the NRA.
We are now faced with two possible sets of alternatives; what to do if the ban does, or doesn't, pass.

If it passes:

Some of you will turn in your guns. Some of you will turn traitor, and turn in other gunowners. And ALL such despicable cowards will bleat about how "The NRA saved us from something worse!" and "The NRA is still our best friend in Washington!" And when all we have left are single-shot muzzleloaders, you'll keep right on bleating the same line, in a desperate attempt to hang onto the last remnants of a proud, free people. And all the while, you Bush-ites will sing the praises of that treasonous, scumsucking half-wit because "Well, he may have banned our guns, but he's gonna keep all them kweers and faggits and lezbos from gittin' married!"[:(!] A disgusting display of cowardice, gullibility, and misdirection.
Some of you will not turn traitor, and will resist as best you know how. Bravo, REAL AMERICANS.

If it does not pass, aforementioned despicable cowards will continue to praise the aformentioned treasonous, scumsucking halfwit, because "well, he woulda banned our guns, but he's gonna keep them kweers and faggits and lezbos from gittin' married!" You will continue to bleat out your weak defenses of the NRA, despite their best efforts to sell us all down the river. You will continue to send them your money and support, allowing them to turn traitor on us yet AGAIN.
Some of you will not. Some of you will continue to fight, after having told the NRA where to shove their junkmail, flyers, and videos; preferably after having folded them until they are all sharp, pointy corners. Bravo again, REAL AMERICANS

Sorry to sound so vitriolic on my first post in awhile....wait, no I'm not. I'm sick of the Quislings in the NRA and the White House selling us out, and I'm sick of so many of you defending them. May Posterity forget that you were my countrymen.

Stand up and fight, or lie down and die; for it is better to burn than to ever fade away.

Comments

• nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    Funny, isn't it?

I shoot skeet or trap. As long as "THEY" leave me alone, then I don't care.

I hunt small game. As long as "THEY" leave me alone, then I don't care.

I have a double barrel scattergun. As long as "THEY" don't ban doubles, then I don't care.

And the list goes on, but you get my point.

Over a lifetime of experience I've come to trust my intuition. Over a decade ago it told me that the NRA wasn't my friend, nor did it represent my interests. I hold with the belief that rights guaranteed under the Constitution cannot be "interpreted" or negotiated. The NRA is a political and money-making animal and is therefor corrupted by its very nature.

It's futile to hire lawyers to fight lawyers. The only winners are the lawyers... And they don't give a fig about anything but the money!

While I'm not avocating another Paul Revere's ride, I have to wonder just when we citizens will begin to get smart. The abrogation of our rights is a direct result of our willingness to assume loads of debt, to put "things" before principle, and to make excuses for our non-participation in government. We have no one to blame but ourselves.

Think of it this way... Assume a mortgage and you now have property with a chatel. You don't own it, the "man" does! Same with your car. Same with your credit cards. And if you borrow just one cent, then government knows. And so it goes...

Anyone have any ideas?

Nord
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Perscription run out?
  • rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    Howdy, Dunedan, long time no see. How's Spiny doin' anyhow?

Anyway....I have to agree with you, but as of right now all we can do is sit back and watch the votes roll in today and we'll know where we stand with our government at the end of the day.

stirrin.jpg
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    I don't believe you have any idea as to what I will do. I doubt you know how or when I'll do it either. I also don't think you know how I will vote, nor do I think it's a Bushie factor only, especially after watching the Feinstein's and Kennedy's with their rhetoric.[}:)]

Throw down your gauntlet if you wish, but know those you perceive as your enemy well before you attack. You could be surprised.[;)]

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Howdy Lige', were ya been bud?

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems