In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Free car

TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Have you ever been given a free car?
Once I had some one give me a 85 pontiac bonniville. One of the small ones with a V-6. It had a real good body. But the inside stunk like trash[xx(] and it ran rough. I did a tune up on it with new plug wires. Ran like new after that. Took the hose to the inside[:0].
Drove that car for a year then sold it for $250.00.
TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.

Comments

• rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    I've never had a free car [:(] My dad refused to allow any family or friends to give me a car, LOL!

aliens.jpg
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know a gal who got a free mobile home -- right, select?

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Close. I gave a guy in a bar $50 for his Datsun B210 that he swore was a wreck. Put break pads on and turned the rotors to get rid of the horrendous noise they made and drove that car for 5 years. Got a three year old S10 to cover a poker debt and drove it for three years then sold it for $200 more than the debt was. So really I got paid $200 to take it.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:I know a gal who got a free mobile home
    I know a gal who works out of a mobile home. [:D] [:D] [8D]

Jacksonville.gif
    sniper.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    http://www.awbansunset.com/
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I have never gotten a free car in my life. Two my buddies of mine have though, I bet they have had three maybe four cars a piece given to them. I can't never understand why. It's usually one of those deals where the car has been sitting for years and people tell them to come take it away it's yours now.

Me I'm not lucky, But I did win the 460 cartidge from wipala today[:)][:)][:)] so maybe my lucks changing

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • trstonetrstone Member Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    While I was in college, a friend gave me his dad's 1983 Mercury Grand Marquis. A little rusty, needed a little brakework, but otherwise sound and reliable. I got the brakes fixed, and drove it all over the place until I got my used Prizm. By that time, it was leaking oil from the front and back seals, and leaked tranny fluid from the beginning. I didn't mind very much, though; it was wonderful just to have the mobility!
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,058 ******
    edited November -1
    Grandmother got too old and feeble to drive, so she quit, but refused to give up her car. Then a couple of years ago, she fell and broke her shoulder, and ended up in a nursing home. She will die there.

I went to her house and got her old 1991 Pontiac Sunbird, mostly to protect it from vandalism. Mother had power of attorney, so she used it to transfer the car to me. It had been sorely neglected, so I spent some money on it, and it is the car Travis drives. It has a stereo in it now that is worth more than the car.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Will does the same thing. Puts a two thousand dollar sound system in a thousand dollar car. I don't even let him turn it on when I'm riding with him.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems