In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What if... and your answer would be?

jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
What if a person asked you what gun you wanted to remember them by when they die, what would want. Now keep in mind no matter what type or kind of gun except class III. Anything at all.

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
Rita Mae Brown

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Which ever gun they wanted to give me. wouldnt matter, cause if they gave it to me I woud remember them..[:D][}:)]

eagle.gif
    "It is hard to soar with Eagles when your surrounded by Turkeys"

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • soopsoop Member Posts: 4,633
    edited November -1
    Whatever gun your friend used most when you were around.When my best friend died I bought the shotgun he used when we hunted turkey and ducks together.He is with me every time I walk the woods with that gun, and every time I pull the trigger.
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Their favorite, not mine. Doesn't matter if it is old and worn out if it was a gun they cherished and loved to shoot.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • Smokeeater 38Smokeeater 38 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigdaddyjunior
    Their favorite, not mine. Doesn't matter if it is old and worn out if it was a gun they cherished and loved to shoot.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems

DITTO

This is what I'll remember them with.

Get the job done and come home safe guys.

I rush in where others flee.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does this "person" already own guns?
    Or are they going to go out and buy what you want?

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've asked my closest friends this exact question and some were "pat" responses of whatever I wanted to give them, but a couple of my closest friends really thought it through and they chose something unlike what they have, that is simply the icon of me... For instance, my dad wanted my old beatup CVA muzzleloader because it seems most of my deer hunting stories involve it...

The 10mm - either you've got it, or you don't get it...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I agree with bigdaddyjunior completely

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The gun that they liked the most and it would be taken care of very well!

Believe nothing that you hear and only one half of what you see!!

I'm Just One Man Talking!
  • rcrxmike_2rcrxmike_2 Member Posts: 3,275
    edited November -1
    Grandad told the family that I should have his .444...'cause he's the onlyone that ever liked it'......they offered me others as well, but i turned them down. This one was special to me.

JOIN PETA! (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS) I didn't climb to the top of the food chain to have a salad and spring water!
  • jujujuju Member Posts: 6,321
    edited November -1
    Double ditto with what bigdaddyjunior said.

JuJu(pleased at the thought of someone even asking that question, shows a true friend)
  • jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
    edited November -1
    I told him what ever he wanted. He has a very extensive collction to say the least. I also told him I did not need a thing from him, just being a friend was enough all these years. I just wondered because I have never been asked that before and it through me for a loop. I will be there for him through his illness no matter what as will my whole family. Thanks for your answers. I hope he gets through this and lasts a long time but it does not look good. I came home and thought about what gun I would want to give him if in the situation was switched. Like BDJ stated, it would be the one that meant the most to me.
    Pickenup, he has a collection that many museums would love to get their hands on.
    Thanks and if all possible offer a prayer or just a good thought in his favor, he does need it.

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    Rita Mae Brown
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a good man Jim. You're lucky to know him cause there aren't many around much anymore.